Twins (2-2) @ White Sox (1-2) 7:11pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
It's nuts how much he's slowed down, and how fast.

it's like 30 degrees outside, someone who's already slow is gonna be even slower in weather like that

he'll probably pick up a few steps once the weather changes

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
It's weird how little Contreras is throwing his forkball. That's the pitch he's made all of his money due to. Probably should pull him now and let him go out with a decent frame of mind.

To throw a good forkball you need to get over the top on it, and drive down to get that tumble action. With the amount he is dropping down, I don't know if he could keep it down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)
He's got at least an inning left in him and is improving each inning.

He seemed to get a good feel for his slider towards the end. He's going to have to start throwing that cutter to lefties though, as they were all over his fastball.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
HA! If anything he has too much movement. He's given up 2 good runs tonight, the ump gave the twins a gift run. Jose is a much better pitcher than Richard, Clayton should stay in the pen where he belongs.

I just tuned in, can you elaborate on how the ump f***ed up? What happened?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
it's like 30 degrees outside, someone who's already slow is gonna be even slower in weather like that

he'll probably pick up a few steps once the weather changes

He will accelerate from the pace of a snail stuck in tar to that of a crippled turtle.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
He seemed to get a good feel for his slider towards the end. He's going to have to start throwing that cutter to lefties though, as they were all over his fastball.

One more outing or two and he'll be back. I was impressed by him tonight. Started out with no command, gutted it out and battled. There was maybe 2 hard hits by the Twins all game so far, he's been nickel and dimed to death not to mention the umps gave them a gift run.

Not sure if I'm in the minority here...but I'm happy with Jose's outing except for one stupid pitch to Crede (and the dumbass call of pulling in the infield). Jesus...the dude blew out his achilles and wasn't expected back til when...June or July?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
Not sure if I'm in the minority here...but I'm happy with Jose's outing except for one stupid pitch to Crede (and the dumbass call of pulling in the infield). Jesus...the dude blew out his achilles and wasn't expected back til when...June or July?

You arent. People are just frustrated that we are losing. He pitched pretty well for his first real start since completely tearing his achilles then getting back on the field 3 months early in 30 degree weather. He got his feel back gradually, and without his best out pitch.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
You're being kind to Delmon.

Twins fans would ship his *** out of town in a heartbeat.

Why? Because his power hasn't completely developed yet? He hit .290 and had a .336 OBP. Similar numbers to Alexei. And I meant in regards to their plate discipline anyhow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
You arent. People are just frustrated that we are losing. He pitched pretty well for his first real start since completely tearing his achilles then getting back on the field 3 months early in 30 degree weather. He got his feel back gradually, and without his best out pitch.

His performance was fine. If you think about it, he is still a bit behind. His command should come over the next few starts, and then you can evaulate what you have. He is our 4th starter, and not the top of the rotation guy that we used to have in him. People need to adjust their expectations.