4/10 - Friday Games Thread

scenario

Sorry guys for not posting last night. My week's gotten busier on top of my attendance at the Barons games. Patrick covered most of the important details. Flowers' stolen base was a straight steal and not a busted hit and run. The infield was at double play depth even though there was two outs, so he took advantage of that. You guys are going to love Beckham. He plays hard, not taking it easy at all. He dived for a ball in short left and tumbled over, but didn't catch it. Hell of an effort though. He was on the ground for a minute before he got up. I dare say he may have a touch of Aaron Rowand in him. He seems like a guy who will crash through a wall, so it's probably best he stays in the infield. McCulloch was shaky in the first inning, giving up the only two runs that Chattanooga scored. I thought he was the same old Kyle McCulloch, but he settled down. Fernando Hernandez is back to his old role as setup man, and Derek Rodriguez is B'ham's closer, not Jhonny Nunez. Funny side note, B'ham's new manager, Ever Magallanes, is serving a suspension that's carried over from his old gig. He's not managing the first 6 games of the season, White Sox minor league field coordinator Nick Capra is filling in.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
So he should cut down on K's and have more groundouts or flyouts just to lower his BABIP?

Well if you want to make it sound like that, sure. A strikeout is always an out. Groundballs and flyballs have a chance to be hits. This isn't a complicated concept. I'm not saying he isn't a prospect or is always going to strikeout a lot. I'm just saying I'm a little worried that his strikeouts are so high.