White Sox versus Twins April 11th game thread 3:05, FOX

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
Was Doogle's slider moving today?

Alot of movement. The only question was if it was going to end up over the plate.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 06:57 PM)
Did I miss something where they proved that Pujols has taken HGH or has he failed a drug test recently?

Under my system you're guilty until I decide otherwise.

Pujols = HGH.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
judging by how absolutely massive James is. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on something.

Hes not that massive, he weighs 250 lbs Pujols weighs 230

LeBron James is 6'8 though and Pujols is 6'3

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Alot of movement. The only question was if it was going to end up over the plate.

I was gettting pissed as that was all he threw. With that lead all he had to do was throw fastbnall strikes. He did have good movement and was not goign ot get hit hard. Almost walked everyone. He would be lights out of he got his act together.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
I was gettting pissed as that was all he threw. With that lead all he had to do was throw fastbnall strikes.

The reason he was throwing the slider instead of the fastball is that he has better control over it.

I know it sound crazy, but it's true. For most pitchers it's the other way around.

But if he has to throw a pitch for a strike, he's much more likely to do it with his offspeed stuff than his fastball. So, he should only be throwing the fastball when he's ahead in the count to keep people honest.

Edited by scenario