Mark=Chicago's Favorite athlete

Buehrle>Wood

In a reader survey of over 5,000, Mark beat out every other team's nomination for Chicago fan favorite. I was surprised by that, even if the Sun-Times is the Sox paper.

31% for Mark

22% for Z

17% for Rose

15% for Kane

15% for Urlacher

24% was good for 3rd place for CQ in the best Chicago newcomer poll.

Other notes is that 66% think we're heading in the right direction, 78% approve of Ozzie's job, 68% of KW's, 52% thought we had a good offseason, 56% named Fields as their breakout candidate (he was going against Marquez, Broadway, and Wise though...), 37% think Danks will have the most wins(36 for MB, and 20 for Gavin), and 34% think we'll finish first(29 for second, 23 for thrid, 8 for fourth, and 6 for fifth).

I read it as well in Sunday's Sun-Times. It was done before the Culter trade. I was surprised to see Buehrle as Chicago's favorite athlete. I agree he will slip soon, maybe even to 4th. I think Rose, Cutler and Forte will be the top 3 after the Bears season this year. Toews might flirt with the top 5 as well.

Kane ahead of Toews is a joke. I like Kane, love Toews. Kane is soft, floats, plays little defense and is still a bit immature.

Toews is the real deal and has virtually no weakness to his game...leader, sniper, passing, defense, faceoffs, winning tough battles in the corners, playing the net, etc., etc...

Who did they interview for this? A bunch of 12 year old girls?

My list would likely be Burls and Toews in the 1/2 spot to be honest.

Edited by kwolf68