sox lineup for today

chisox2334

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
does anyone know if Chris got injured or anything? I thought it was strange for the team to pinch run Lillibridge for Getz yesterday, and now today Lillibridge is starting....

He has a bruised elbow.

I'm assuming they took x-rays and it was just a "soft tissue" injury or bruise/contusion. If not, we would have heard about him going on the DL...and then the clamor for Beckham could start again.

By the way, has anyone heard a progress update on Nix's rehabilitation? When he might come off the DL...or pass through waivers? It doesn't seem that they will send Lillibridge down, so I guess they'll just outright him to Charlotte eventually.

The only thing I can find on-line is a comment that Nix will be out until late April with a quadriceps injury.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
does anyone know if Chris got injured or anything? I thought it was strange for the team to pinch run Lillibridge for Getz yesterday, and now today Lillibridge is starting....

He was drilled in the triceps yesterday by an inside fastball. And he has no pad or protection on his arm, Im sure it hurt like hell

From all indications, we are still very high on Nix, and after he rehabs in Charlotte, we will probably make roster space for him. Either we get rid of MacDougal and go with 6 bullpen arms for a little bit, OR we send down Lillibridge, OR we place Getz on the DL not because he is hurt really bad but just to make room for Nix while we decide what to do.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
He was drilled in the triceps yesterday by an inside fastball. And he has no pad or protection on his arm, Im sure it hurt like hell

Hurt, yes... severe, by no means. We should see him back within the next day or two.

WHITE SOX VS. MINER

Wilson Betemit 2 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 .500 .500 .500 1.000

Paul Konerko 13 6 1 0 0 2 1 2 .462 .467 .538 1.005

Jermaine Dye 12 5 2 0 2 5 1 0 .417 .462 1.083 1.545

Josh Fields 5 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .400 .400 .400 .800

A.J. Pierzynski 11 3 0 0 1 2 1 1 .273 .333 .545 .879

Alexei Ramirez 5 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 .200 .200 .200 .400

Carlos Quentin 6 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 .167 .375 .167 .542

Jim Thome 11 1 0 0 0 0 2 1 .091 .231 .091 .322

Brian Anderson 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000 .500 .000 .500

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Career splits don't matter, all that matters is which side of the plate you hit from.

Everyone wanted Thome benched against CC last year. He had been horrible against him previously. He took him deep twice. If Thome is swinging well, I also would pretty much ignore his historic splits. He hits homers in bunches and has a couple early, so let him rip, especially if we are talking 11 AB as far as his history vs. Miner.

Edited by Dick Allen

If Lillibridge actually can start hitting a little bit, he could beat out Wise for CF. His taking first to third on the single then scoring on the shallow sac fly to right was nice to see. His beautiful sac bunt that couldn't have been hand rolled better got Ozzie fired up the other day. KW obviously likes him and wants him to succeed. Lillibridge has a real opportunity if he can actually put the bat on the ball.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Everyone wanted Thome benched against CC last year. He had been horrible against him previously. He took him deep twice. If Thome is swinging well, I also would pretty much ignore his historic splits. He hits homers in bunches and has a couple early, so let him rip, especially if we are talking 11 AB as far as his history vs. Miner.

Thome is healthy, and is hitting bombs. You play him. End of story.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)

I think it is more than just Thome. What about sitting Getz against lefties when he hits lefties better? What about playing Wise instead of Anderson 3/4 of the time because Anderson is not a lefty. How many runs will Anderson save in CF? Enough to make up for less than spectacular hitting? Would he be a better hitter with consistent playing time? We will never know because if Wise were not able to play, someone else off the street would get a shot before BA. A manager should not rely on just stats, but he should not always go by the gut and testicular fortitude and ignore stats either.