White Sox @ Tigers 12:05pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Its going to take Quentin another 6 months to get some bat speed.

I thought he was very close, though i truthfully didn't think he was 100%. I would welcome being wrong in this instance every single time around.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Owens isn't even starting in Charlotte.

I think that ship has sailed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd love to see Negron get a shot. He was a 1st rounder IIRC a while back. Obviously he hasnt panned out yet but the talent was apparently there to warrant that high of a pick. So it'd be interesting to see if he could put something together.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
b/c of what i saw on the outfield wall i looked this up

is it common knowledge that Ty Cobb never had a number? I didnt realize the practice came around so late.

The 1920's Yankees were the first to wear numbers. Their numbers corresponded to what spot in the line up they hit in. (Babe Ruth hit #3 in the line up, so he got #3.)

When's the last time Paulie got off to a good April start? His body language is more animated too.... not sure what that means but he looks great.

Also encouraging was the second dong by CQ was basically all arms which hopefully speaks volumes about his wrist strength.

People need to stop beating up the organization over the Owens experience.

He's a guy who fits the leadoff bill, and in this climate with that type of guy being rare, you have to take a look.

But all in all, the organization didnt put him out there in a way that held anyone back. He has barely played major league games for us considering his age.

Everyone says what if he didnt get injured? Trust me, after the spring CQ had, nothing was going to hold him off somehow getting into that lineup after a little while.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
People need to stop beating the organization over the Owens experience.

He's a guy who fits the leadoff bill, and in this climate with that type of guy being rare, you have to take a look.

But all in all, the organization didnt put him out there in a way that held anyone back. He has barely played major league games for us considering his age.

Everyone says what if he didnt get injured? Trust me, after the spring CQ had, nothing was going to hold him off somehow getting into that lineup after a little while.

How does he fit the leadoff bill, because he is fast. Lots of fast guys in the minors, in fact there are a lot that are faster than Owens.