White Sox @ Tigers 12:05pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
did you get the feeling the Sox were a bit disappointed in Marquez this spring?

very much so. i think they really wanted to give him a spot in the pen and they just couldnt do it with how he pitched. Kind of like Jerry Owens in center.

Edited by soxfan3530

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
I would take Egbert for sure and maybe even Marquez over him.

That's the problem though. Egbert was pretty meh in AAA last year (although some people say he wasnt 100%) and Marquez is insurance if Colon/Contreras go down. We don't have anyone down in AAA/AA that is a risk-free viable option.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
LOL. 2 guys which AAA ERAs over 10.00 so far this season.Marquez gave up 6 runs in less than 2 innings in his AAA outing. I think you're overreacting.

Sample size

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Rincon hasn't been the same since his drug bust.

i have always wondered...is it possible that minnesotas pen was full of ped users? look who was in their pen..hawkins, guardado, rincon, and jc romero. romero and rincon were busted and look whats happend to guardado and hawkins..who knows..

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
i have always wondered...is it possible that minnesotas pen was full of ped users? look who was in their pen..hawkins, guardado, rincon, and jc romero. romero and rincon were busted and look whats happend to guardado and hawkins..who knows..

I'm pretty sure everyone's bullpen was full of PED users. I would bet the percentage of pitchers using was higher than the percentage of position players. A couple of years ago, everyone was throwing 90. Not anymore.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)

The world may never know...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
And Marquez and Egbert sucked in the minors last year and have sucked in the minors this year. Your argument has no merit. But continue.

we were so happy (and i still am) to have gotten rid of swisher. yet in ny there so happy they got him, it was a steal in their eyes lol