White Sox Winner! First place!

danman31

Carlos is back! What wrist problem?

It was nice to see PK and JD go back to back and both have monstrous offensive days.

I couldn't watch the game because I was at school, but damn, Gavin sucked. 7 walks? I even started him in fantasy, stupid me. At least he got me a win.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
I noticed a lot of deep flyballs, walks, and a wild pitch given up by Gavin. Was he that bad or was the ump behind home plate a little tough?

The ump behind the plate had a very wide strike zone, but Gavin just had no control.

I only saw from the bottom of the fifth throug hthe top of the ninth and I could only see it as I was on the treadmill and elliptical.

The Sox never can make it easy as while the Tigers did not score after I began watching, they stranded 9 in the 3.1 innings I watched.

The offense loked godd but it looked liek the strike zone was different for the two teams or at least the Sox sems smaller.

Isn't Phil Couzy the guy Guillen can not stand.

Feel bad for Wise.

We walk 9 and still win, I'll take it. All starters with at least one hit. Half our hits were for extra bases. CQ, Dye, and Paulie all trying to out do each other. 24 runs in the last 3 games with only 7 allowed. Lets give Danks some run support tomorrow.

Gavin was all over the place but so was Miner. It looked cold there so maybe that affected them both. Plus having to sit in the dugout through Miner's long innings probably didn't help much. He loses a gem and wins a nasty game. Go figure.

Here is to all you Wise haters out there. :stick

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Today was exhibit A on why wins in most cases are a poor way of gauging the quality of a pitcher. Unbelievable that Gavin gets the W. He.was.horrible!

Loved the offense. I wonder what our LD% for this game was. Ropes all over the place.

Makes up for his previous start.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
We walk 9 and still win, I'll take it. All starters with at least one hit. Half our hits were for extra bases. CQ, Dye, and Paulie all trying to out do each other. 24 runs in the last 3 games with only 7 allowed. Lets give Danks some run support tomorrow.

Love the avatar. I saw that on gameday and cracked up. Lillibridge looks like a 12-year-old who has a dirt mustache before his first time shaving.

Well so much for the hitting drought that was front-page news last week. And that's fine with me.

You know that there's a rip in the time/space fabric when Brian Anderson steals a base.

Geez remember not so long ago when the Tigers were the worst in the league but they would still beat us all the time? Since '05 it's like they're a tune-up tool for us, LOL.

So far so good this year, I like it.