Jerry Owens called up

DaTank

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as fate was against Owens last year, the stars have perfectly aligned for him this year.

Aside from drawing walks this ST, he did nothing to earn the leadoff spot. Then a longer term injury hits the guy at his position and a short term injury hurts the guy in his preferred batting order slot.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
As much as fate was against Owens last year, the stars have perfectly aligned for him this year.

Aside from drawing walks this ST, he did nothing to earn the leadoff spot. Then a longer term injury hits the guy at his position and a short term injury hurts the guy in his preferred batting order slot.

Whatterya sayin' there Nostrodamus?....he'll burst onto the MLB scene?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)

I guess the stars are different in AAA, where he was sitting on the bench as the 4th OF. Getting your worst hitter the most ABs on your team is a bad idea.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
You need a 4th outfielder and Owens has MLB experience. Getting called up does not guarantee that he's the starter. I imagine he's going to play too much, but just keep expectations tampered.

This is what I would say also. BA deserves the bulk of the starts and JO the sub

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
funny thing is we were all wanting wise out of lineup

I don't think out of the lineup...just out of the leadoff spot. I had no problem with Weezy playing CF and hitting 8th or so against righties.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
I don't think out of the lineup...just out of the leadoff spot. I had no problem with Weezy playing CF and hitting 8th or so against righties.

Me too, and I wanted him to be getting fewer starts, but I didn't mind him on the 25-man and getting time. But he f***ing blew as a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Heres to hoping he just plays a backup role. BA needs his shot. Also, I wish Kroger would have been called up, at least he can hit.

Charlotte has had a horrid start. They have 1 guy with a batting average over .250, and 1 guy with an ERA under 4.50, and he's pitched 2 innings. Kroger is 0 for 9 and Owens is 1 for 7 with 3 k's.

Can he play CF??

Delwyn Young Designated

By Tim Dierkes [April 13 at 4:32pm CST]

According to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick, Dodgers outfielder Delwyn Young was designated for assignment today. They'll have ten days to trade, release, or waive him. Young is out of options.

Young, 26, hit .246/.321/.341 last year at Triple A but .337/.384/.571 in '07. He dealt with a strained oblique last year and began this season with an elbow issue. Tony Jackson of the L.A. Daily News suggested yesterday that the Indians, Pirates, and Phillies were eyeing Young.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
Can he play CF??

Delwyn Young Designated

By Tim Dierkes [April 13 at 4:32pm CST]

According to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick, Dodgers outfielder Delwyn Young was designated for assignment today. They'll have ten days to trade, release, or waive him. Young is out of options.

Young, 26, hit .246/.321/.341 last year at Triple A but .337/.384/.571 in '07. He dealt with a strained oblique last year and began this season with an elbow issue. Tony Jackson of the L.A. Daily News suggested yesterday that the Indians, Pirates, and Phillies were eyeing Young.

I'd love to grab him from the Dodgers.