4/13 Games

scenario

Norfolk @ Charlotte

Tillman vs. Torres

Norfolk is the Orioles AAA team. Wieters is batting 3rd for them.

Chattanooga @ Birmingham

Adkins vs. Ely

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg

JLowe vs. Mildren

W-S up 3-0 after 3 innings.

Kannapolis @ Lexington

Garrett Johnson vs. Bono

Didn't know Bono even liked baseball.

Radio feeds

• Charlotte Knights (AAA): Listen

• Birmingham Barons (AA): Listen

• Winston-Salem Dash (A Adv.): Listen

• Kannapolis Intimidators (A): Listen

Edited by scenario

Interesting random stat...45 runners left on base by the Lookouts through the first four games, and the Lookouts have outhit the Barons in 3/4 games, too.

Lambo is 2/2, hitting .476. Mr. (not Daniel) Hudson is playing CF for the first time tonight.

Beckham just muffed a play at SS, but was able to recover (couldn't get the out at 2B), but was able to get the 3rd out at first. Unlike Gavin Floyd, the Lookouts pitching has been able to escape consistently throughout this series.

Allen ripped a ball down into the RF corner and LEGGED out a triple and ended it with an athletic slide....Viciedo followed with a single (ground ball) to the opposite field to drive in Brandon. 2-0 Barons, 7 hits through 2 1/3 innings.

Allen 2/2, now at .474. Cuban Tank Viciedo 1/2=.278, Lee Cruz is also two for two so far tonight. Colina just missed a GS with the bases loaded...you just cannot get the ball out of that stadium!!!!

Edited by caulfield12

Call Cubano, Viciedo now over .300 at .316 with his second RBI of the night.

Allen on fire, now batting .500.

Viciedo has a stolen base (somehow) and Tyler Flowers threw out another runner, good news.

Hudson just hit a bomb for his first homer.

BIRM just gave up their first run out of the bullpen in 20 innings...Lujan is getting bombed, back to back to back doubles...6-2 Barons.

Edited by caulfield12

Brandon Allen just went 4 for 4...he had a double, but he ended up overrunning the bag and getting called out as the infielder held the tag.

Nice to see he hit that ball in the LCF gap.

Wow....Theriot type numbers, up to .524. Allen should have two singles, a double and a triple...but they ruled that a single and out at second.

11/21 on the season for Allen.

Beckham just ripped a liner for his first homer of the season....2-3 feet inside the pole but way out, 2 RBI's.

Allen K's and ends up at 4 for 5. (triple, 2 singles and what should have been a double but he overslid the bag)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
I think Allen is gonna force KW's hand the way Howard forced Thome out. Of course it was a lot easier to trade Thome back then compared to trying to trade one of Thome/Konerko.

Every time I get frustrated by the current White Sox, I'm going to remind myself that the future of this team is going to get better and soon. We're in the last year of this old team.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 03:06 AM)
Every time I get frustrated by the current White Sox, I'm going to remind myself that the future of this team is going to get better and soon. We're in the last year of this old team.

The idea of having a 1b who is capable of a triple is just mind boggling. Really makes me excited.

Yes I know Konerko managed a few triples a decade ago.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
I think Allen is gonna force KW's hand the way Howard forced Thome out. Of course it was a lot easier to trade Thome back then compared to trying to trade one of Thome/Konerko.

Thome's contract is up after this year anyway. As is JD's. There's room for the kids if they keep playing.

A few respectable performances easy to overlook in the Charlotte game...

- Carlos Torres: 5 innings pitched; gave up 2 runs on 6 hits; struck out 7 and walked only 1.

- Jimmy Gobble pitched 1 inning striking out 2 of the 3 batters he faced.

- Jon Link pitched 1.1 innings and gave up 0 runs on 1 hit.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
A few respectable performances easy to overlook in the Charlotte game...

- Carlos Torres: 5 innings pitched; gave up 2 runs on 6 hits; struck out 7 and walked only 1.

- Jimmy Gobble pitched 1 inning striking out 2 of the 3 batters he faced.

- Jon Link pitched 1.1 innings and gave up 0 runs on 1 hit.

Yeah, I was listening to the feed. Torres pitched very well. Unfortunately, Norfolk had one of the top 5 pitching prospects in the minors going tonight (and our offense sucks ass regardless). Sounded like he was pretty dominant, although he only went 4 innings.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
"Our Evan Longoria?"

I think so.

What I want to know---why the hell did the Reds pass on Beckham for another lefty 1B, in Alonso? They have Votto and Bruce for lefty power. I'm not saying Alonso is going to be a bust, but wow I think they blew it. So, thank you, Reds.

Well, I guess you guys covered everything. Beckham's homer was barely fair, maybe 2 to 3 inches, not feet. But he hit it far enough, about 390 to 400 feet. John Ely pitched better than his line suggests. There was a lot of swings and misses. It was a small crowd, so I could hear more. Ely made a very audible exhalation as he released the ball on every pitch. He has a deceptive motion and he pops the glove well. If you could hear Gabby Martinez getting heckled, that was my friend Mark. Nothing much else to report.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
I think so.

What I want to know---why the hell did the Reds pass on Beckham for another lefty 1B, in Alonso? They have Votto and Bruce for lefty power. I'm not saying Alonso is going to be a bust, but wow I think they blew it. So, thank you, Reds.

You know, that's a pretty damn good question. I never even thought about it like that.

Probably because they have Brandon Phillips ensconced at 2B already, and that's where a lot of teams were projecting Beckham.

Now, he's (Beckham) certainly better than Gonzalez (SS), Encarnacion (3B) and whoever they have playing LF on any given day...so maybe they foresaw Alonso playing in LF? I don't know.

One more thing about the game yesterday...James Adkins (Lookouts) was the Dodgers' #1 pick in 2007.

Edited by caulfield12