Will White Sox fans also boo BA if he goes 0/8?

caulfield12

Deweeezy blew off all the racism talk, he's just glad he doesn't play on the Northside. And he was hurt by the boos, but knows it was just fanboys who collect Anderson's underwear. Once they figure out the truth about Brian, Deweezy will be making his revenge tour on the Southside. Those who doubted him will be shamed. And Pods better than Wise? Thats pathetic, especially by those who arguing like hell that they actually cared about defense.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
Deweeezy blew off all the racism talk, he's just glad he doesn't play on the Northside. And he was hurt by the boos, but knows it was just fanboys who collect Anderson's underwear. Once they figure out the truth about Brian, Deweezy will be making his revenge tour on the Southside. Those who doubted him will be shamed. And Pods better than Wise? Thats pathetic, especially by those who arguing like hell that they actually cared about defense.

Ok, great contribution. Although Pods sucks way worse then DW at defense, I'll give you that.

"Brian Anderson will dictate how much he's going to play," manager Ozzie Guillen said before Tuesday's game at Detroit was postponed because of rain."

This might be Anderson's last shot to prove he can be an everyday player after he was selected in the first round of the 2003 draft. Anderson lost his starting center fielder job after batting .192 in the first half of his rookie year in 2006, and then was demoted to Triple-A Charlotte at the end of April in 2007 before making the Opening Day roster in 2008 as a dependable backup.

Anderson, 27, replaced Wise in the middle of Monday's game and drew two walks and stole two bases.

"I don't expect Brian to hit .350," Guillen said. "A lot of people forget we give Brian all year long [in 2006] and he never [kept the job]. Now he's mature, he's a better player and he knows what he's doing. I don't expect him to be comfortable with being a backup outfielder. He should be better than that. He has an opportunity, and we'll see how he handles it."

chicagotribune.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

"I don't expect Brian to hit .350," Guillen said. "A lot of people forget we give Brian all year long [in 2006] and he never [kept the job]. Now he's mature, he's a better player and he knows what he's doing. I don't expect him to be comfortable with being a backup outfielder. He should be better than that. He has an opportunity, and we'll see how he handles it."

It's amazing how Ozzie really does read those emails. We keep getting evidence of this.

Joe Cowley was saying the other day on the Score that Ozzie sometimes prints out the emails and laughs w/ media people at the proposed lineups he's sent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
The last paragraph by Ozzie is just begging for Kalapse to prove incorrect.

I'll be honest, I opened a spreadsheet right after I read it. Depending on his definition of "gave" and "all year long" I'd say he's full of s***.

Dye is a quiet guy, he doesn't want much attention.

Crede was a prankster, he fit in with A.J., Rowand and Buehrle as one of the stooges in the clubhouse.

Not to mention Crede was tremendous on defense and an incredible clutch hitter(when healthy).

Remember when Gavin Floyd was garbage? I'm pretty sure people here were ripping him.

Josh Fields was insulted all offseason over his defense (which has saved us mutliple runs this year).

Toby Hall and Corky Miller have been joked about.

Most Sox fans aren't racist, we just don't like bad baseball.

Brian needs to go out there and have good ABs. That's the one thing Ozzie has always asked for. He'll stick it out if you're at least having good ABs. If he has ABs like the one he had vs Humber, he's on a short leash and I can't argue. The reason he removed Wise from leadoff so quickly is because he saw Wise was going up there being defensive the entire AB.

What BA needs to do is learn how to foul off those tough pitches until he gets something decent to hit. Until then he's going to have a mediocre avg with decent power numbers.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)

Ah, I get it now. You are DeWayne Wise. All right DeWayne, to be clear, actually like you, and I like having you on the 25-man roster. I just didn't like having you start in CF and leading off and I think you're a better player coming off the bench. Sorry for the misconception.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Ah, I get it now. You are DeWayne Wise. All right DeWayne, to be clear, actually like you, and I like having you on the 25-man roster. I just didn't like having you start in CF and leading off and I think you're a better player coming off the bench. Sorry for the misconception.

LOL, you better watch out, you are going to be SHAMED!!!!!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)

Man, I thought the exact same thing but thought better of posting it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
One interesting note: breaking the season up into 20 game chunks, there was a 40 game stretch starting with team game #41 in which Anderson started 45% of the games in CF.

You wouldn't happen to know how many times he was "rested" after he had a multi-hit game would you? I seem to remember being furious when BA would seem to be figuring it out and get a couple of days off and ruin the momentum.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
You wouldn't happen to know how many times he was "rested" after he had a multi-hit game would you? I seem to remember being furious when BA would seem to be figuring it out and get a couple of days off and ruin the momentum.

20 mulit-hit games, he sat the next day after 4 of them.

Of those who feel Brian hasnt been given a fair chance, do you feel like he would be able to turn it around this year with a full year?

Someone who was posting about this seemed to be hinting that Brian's developmental time has been ruined and now b/c the Sox ruined him, he will never be able to turn it around.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
Of those who feel Brian hasnt been given a fair chance, do you feel like he would be able to turn it around this year with a full year?

Someone who was posting about this seemed to be hinting that Brian's developmental time has been ruined and now b/c the Sox ruined him, he will never be able to turn it around.

I think he will hit well enough to justify his D. I am confident he will hit better than Wise or Owens. If he is given a couple of months with out Ozzie jacking with him, I think he could actually turn it around. He has shown signs of it before. He just seems like the kind of hitter that would need regular AB's. If I'm wrong and he stinks, then the Sox will know and he will be a 4th outfielder and KW will have to make a move before the deadline.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
BA as a starter so far

Walk (caught stealing, but Lillibridge missed hit and run contact), K (critical AB) and 4-3 (at least he didn't K against Perry, who had just knocked down Alexei twice)

1/8 on the season (.125)

.364 OBP.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
BA as a starter so far

Walk (caught stealing, but Lillibridge missed hit and run contact), K (critical AB) and 4-3 (at least he didn't K against Perry, who had just knocked down Alexei twice)

1/8 on the season (.125)

Lets run him outta town.....

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)

Frankly, I'm not sure. Based on my eyes, the best I saw him performing was in the Spring and in some of the early months of the season in 2007, esp. when he got some regular playing time due to injuries in May last year IIRC. This year though his swing looked less smooth/effective than it did last year, it looked like he'd gotten back in to some of his bad habits from earlier while sitting on the bench, which is kinda how things go I think...if you're not using things in games that you learn and you're not getting results with them the few times you do get in, then stuff you learn tends to vanish.