Sox sign Podsednik to MLC

Sockin

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Yes, Jermaine Dye

Exactly. We have a ton of guys that can potentially fill that DH role, I don't believe we have to look outside the system.

Alone in our system we have Dye, Flowers, Viciedo and Allen as all potential options.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
This was the same as people said last year. Thome will be fine if he's healthy. That said, he has to be moved from the 4 spot.

Without Thome in the middle of the order, your going to have one massive string of right handed hitters. Is that something the Sox are willing to do? Maybe you can move Thome to the 5th spot, but as long as he's in the lineup they are going to have him somewhere near the middle of the order because of his ability to get on base and the fact that he's the only left handed bat in the lineup that projects as a middle of the order hitter (AJ does not). And Wise, forget about it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
Without Thome in the middle of the order, your going to have one massive string of right handed hitters. Is that something the Sox are willing to do? Maybe you can move Thome to the 5th spot, but as long as he's in the lineup they are going to have him somewhere near the middle of the order because of his ability to get on base and the fact that he's the only left handed bat in the lineup that projects as a middle of the order hitter (AJ does not). And Wise, forget about it.

I don't think many people remember very well those all RH middle of the orders where the "LH power bat" was talked about the way the 5th starter was talked about (in those years) and CF/leadoff is talked about now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)

Unfortunately you are correct about that.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
I don't think many people remember very well those all RH middle of the orders where the "LH power bat" was talked about the way the 5th starter was talked about (in those years) and CF/leadoff is talked about now.

No, people do remember that. But that doesn't mean you have to put a guy hitting .167 with a .242 obp in the 4 spot.

Now that I've said all of this, he will hit 2 homers and drive in 5 tonight.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
No, people do remember that. But that doesn't mean you have to put a guy hitting .167 with a .242 obp in the 4 spot.

Now that I've said all of this, he will hit 2 homers and drive in 5 tonight.

True, but if you read further up the page, you'll see that I posted that he was pretty bad in April last year too. I'm not giving up on a proven guy like Thome after a couple of weeks. If he sucks all year, then I think we all agree that he won't be back no matter what.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
Depends on body type and what kind of athlete they are. Lots of athletes come in way under 8%, I think Tiger Woods is something around 5%, and Lance Armstrong is even lower. I don't think anyone would consider them unhealthy. Many runners and cyclists and the like can get into the 3-4% range.

about the only time you look at body fat % being to low is with women and child birth. Women need to be around 10-12 to have a healthy gestation time. Many female gymnast need to "fatten up" prior to getting pregnant.