Sox sign Podsednik to MLC

Sockin

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I loved Scotty Pods when he was playing here, I acknowledge that he was never really an ideal option. I’d still prefer BA to start every day, but I think I’m okay with this. I was just looking at my Podsednik world series uni (which I bought at the Cell almost prophetically before game 2) and I kind of went on a nostalgia kick.

Its a minor league contract. There is no risk involved. Pods in CF is scary, but is he worse than the statue of Ken Griffey Jr. out there last season? I would prefer a real CF signed, but the White Sox are sticking with their no money available mode. At least they are upgrading, albeit slightly, until he gets hurt.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
He sucks, but................. He is better than Owens. He even is better than Wise. Let him get up to speed in Charlotte and when he's ready if BA hasn't taken over, let him play until he comes up lame.

Agreed that he'd be a decent 4th outfielder and might not do too much damage in CF if he's used sparingly... but you don't want him out there every day, especially with Anderson at their disposal.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
Yeah, didn't think it was a big deal. It's like at a wrestling event where a certain part of the crowd worships Matt Hardy.

Do what you want, I just don't like it.

And I have no idea who Matt Hardy is, so, I don't even know what you are referring to there.

Nothing wrong with Pods. Not my first choice, bit cheaper than trying to trade for someone I guess. He can run and he hits better than Owens and takes more walks. He is just a fill in and I trust that Brian will play the bulk of the duties in CF