Sox sign Podsednik to MLC

Sockin

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
Then I don't get all the complaints from you and your Soxtalk nazi brotherhood! :D

Look, we weren't getting anyone else...so this is what we have. Pods or Owens (or Wise when he returns) as backup for Anderson (unless Anderson blows his chance).

The very real fear is that Ozzie will now use Pods as the full-time CF and lead-off guy.

The links in the OP are down and I can't find any other source for this.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
I have and I'll stick to that. If we were talking about LF it'd be a different story, but we're talking about cf and I'd rather have Wise or Owens at this point, true story.

I would rather have Wise in CF than Pods both offensively and defensively.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)

Can't say I agree with that. Ever. While you may have a point defensively, to say offensively is insane. And defensively is even stretching it while I know Pods isn't a good CF, neither is Wise. The catch Wise made where he hurt himself would have been caught by a standing Anderson. :D

Wise over Pods?!

NO.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever!

MY GOOD GOD MAN, NEVER.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)

I would too...but that's not an option right now.

Just boils down to:

BA and Pods > BA and Owens.

It's really not much more than that. Honestly...if somebody can throw out some better options than this (without getting raped in a deal)...I'm all ears.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
Can't say I agree with that. Ever. While you may have a point defensively, to say offensively is insane. And defensively is even stretching it while I know Pods isn't a good CF, neither is Wise. The catch Wise made where he hurt himself would have been caught by a standing Anderson. :D

Wise over Pods?!

NO.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever!

MY GOOD GOD MAN, NEVER.

+1

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)

Wise over Pods?!

NO.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever!

MY GOOD GOD MAN, NEVER.

You HAVE seen Pods in the field right? If not, watch my avatar a few thousand times.

Pods > Wise? arguable for CF reasons.

Pods > BA? Not a shot on God's green earth.

And I can almost guaran-damn-tee you that Ozzie will use Pods in CF over BA most of the time now.

Edmonds>Pods>Wise>Owens.

Edmonds wasn't on the radar? He could actually be an asset to the team if he started once or twice per week. And that career .954 OPS vs. RHP could come in handy as a pinch hitter facing a tough righty late in close games. What does Pods bring? Some speed, but nothing else.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
You HAVE seen Pods in the field right? If not, watch my avatar a few thousand times.

Pods > Wise? arguable for CF reasons.

Pods > BA? Not a shot on God's green earth.

And I can almost guaran-damn-tee you that Ozzie will use Pods in CF over BA most of the time now.

I've seen your repetitive avatar, I saw the play, too. I suppose I could make an avatar of Pods hitting a walk off home run it the world series and pretend that he's so great, he can do that *every* at bat in an important game, too. :P Or, to be less of an ass, I could make an avatar of Pods bunting runners over, getting on base, taking pitches, taking walks and stealing, too...something Wise never did except on accident or when it didn't matter.

And from the start, I said give Anderson his shot -- but now it's up to Anderson to do it, Ozzie already said Anderson has his shot. Rotoworld says Pods days as a starter are over and he'll be a backup, BUT, if our #1 blows it then I'm sure we will see Pods...and who knows, maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle like the Cubs did with Edmond's last season. And speaking of Edmond's, no...absolutely not, he's done for. The Cubs realize they caught lightning in a bottle with him last year, which is why they cut ties with him before they ended up looking stupid. Besides, Edmond's is a MEGA primadonna, and don't give me that, "he's calmed down crap, either." The only reason he controlled himself last year was because he was hoping for another contract...had he gotten it, he would have once again been the b****ass he's always been.

Edited by Y2HH

For those who say Pods isnt an upgrade.

I'll grant you the defense, but the batting stands on its own legs

Owens and Pods are near identical in career batting average (yes, Owens has a smaller sample size) and have the potential to have similar stolen base numbers. Pods has significant major leage experience he can bring to the club.

I think Pods>Ownes>Wise

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

What the f is the matter with you people? This signing is because Wise is hurt. This isn't a long term deal, it's short term insurance. Wise failed and is hurt. Owens failed and failed and failed. Anderson is getting his shot. Soooo...what's the big deal with signing an experiences OF that can be called up if needed? Is he done as a full-time starter? I'm not going to say I know for sure, but if he was cut loose, then I would guess yes.

And to say Edmonds is better is irrelevant. Remember people, HE DIDN'T WANT TO COME HERE! So, he's out. Who's left? Lofton? Gonzalez? Are they better? I would say no.

Everyone in off the ledge and pray Anderson can hit a lick, then we won't have to worry about this.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Hurray for lowered standards.

Hard to blame Ozzie though. he's been handed nothing but crap to work with. I just pray that BA looks decent enough at the plate in the coming week or so to make all of this controversy moot.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
For those who say Pods isnt an upgrade.

I'll grate you the defense, but the batting stands on its own legs

Owens and Pods are near identical in career batting average (yes, Owens has a smaller sample size) and have the potential to have similar stolen base numbers. Pods has significant major leage experience he can bring to the club.

I think Pods>Ownes>Wise

I must say I've never heard that term before.