If Pods gets recalled, will Fields change his #?

Steve9347

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
Fans of the Chicago White Sox.

Why? I'm not a fan because I dont care who wears number 22 between Josh Fields and Scott Pods??? Its a number between two players who really haven't earned the right to claim a number. Pods had a great 05, but so did Neil Cotts. Would he deserve his number back? I think the whole jersey number thing gets blown way out of proportion. Chances are Pods will wear whatever jersey they give him for a chance to play in the majors again. Its Fields number, end of story in my opinion.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
Why? I'm not a fan because I dont care who wears number 22 between Josh Fields and Scott Pods??? Its a number between two players who really haven't earned the right to claim a number. Pods had a great 05, but so did Neil Cotts. Would he deserve his number back? I think the whole jersey number thing gets blown way out of proportion. Chances are Pods will wear whatever jersey they give him for a chance to play in the majors again. Its Fields number, end of story in my opinion.

He answered your question. He never claimed YOU were not a fan.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:03 AM)
I can't believe I just read over 3 pages of people arguing about what damn number Scott Podsednik might wear if he possibly gets called up.

I was thinking the same thing. I think we're part of some sick practical joke, Yas.

Why don't we stop sucking off that 2005 team?

Really.

20 years from now Steve is going to be telling us how f*cking (God, I hate doing that) awesome smoe strip club was because Cliff Politte was plugging it on a Score radio commercial.

I really wish the Sox would win another WS title soon so we will have less of the 1985 Bears-like meatballs clamoring around uor biggest single moment of glory.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
Really.

20 years from now Steve is going to be telling us how f*cking (God, I hate doing that) awesome smoe strip club was because Cliff Politte was plugging it on a Score radio commercial.

I really wish the Sox would win another WS title soon so we will have less of the 1985 Bears-like meatballs clamoring around uor biggest single moment of glory.

No one could force you to enjoy the good things in life. I will always love 2005. Until another sox team wins it all, 2005 will remain in my memory more than all the other seasons combined.

I like how this thread went from jersey numbers to the 2005 WS champs to whether you're a fan or not.

Fields will offer the number and Pods will decline.

2005 was only 4 years ago. Some teams haven't won in 100 years. It's okay if we continue to talk about it.

And whether you care about jersey numbers or not you're still a fan.

Edited by hogan873

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Really.

I don't go to strip clubs.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Its a number between two players who really haven't earned the right to claim a number. Pods had a great 05, but so did Neil Cotts. Would he deserve his number back? I think the whole jersey number thing gets blown way out of proportion.

All I'm saying, is there is a blue seat in the outfield because of Scott Podsednik, and he very well might have hit the single-most important ball in the history of the franchise.

If that's not earning it, I don't know what is.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
All I'm saying, is there is a blue seat in the outfield because of Scott Podsednik, and he very well might have hit the single-most important ball in the history of the franchise.

If that's not earning it, I don't know what is.

Konerko's homer that game was way more important. If Konerko doesn't hit his, the White Sox lose. If Pods doesn't hit his, the game is still tied.

No one could force you to enjoy the good things in life. I will always love 2005. Until another sox team wins it all, 2005 will remain in my memory more than all the other seasons combined.

I enjoy it just as much, but I hope the GM and manager aren't making decisions for 2009 and beyond based on 2005.

When Jenks gave up that homer to Crisp last week, I was pining for Neal Cotts to come out of the bullpen instead.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Poor Pods. He couldn't get 20 while he was here cause Garland had it (I believe he was 20 in Milwaukee). Then he got let go last year and Quentin took 20. Now he can't even get his older number back cause of Fields. I think 24 is the way to go here...

Isn't 24 Dayan Viciedo's number?