If Pods gets recalled, will Fields change his #?

Steve9347

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
Okay, here's a list of available numbers not assigned to someone on the 40 man roster or a coach below #59...

1, 6, 27, 30, 33, 35, 39, 49, 51, 58

You can remove 35 from that list.

Edited by kev211

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
Okay, here's a list of available numbers not assigned to someone on the 40 man roster or a coach below #59...

any reason why Ricky Seilheimer was the last sox player to wear #6?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)

Am I the only one that thinks #'s held by minor leaguers on the 40-man roster should be available to anyone that needs a number on the major league roster?

For example, it kinda sucks we won't be seeing players wear numbers such as 24 and 48 for a while, even though the players currently holding those numbers are worthy.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Ron @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Pods actually talked about #22 on Waddle & Silvy. He said he is superstitious and wants his old # back, so he wants to talk with Josh about it. But he said he doesn't want to make a big deal of it if Josh doesn't want to give it up.

He already made too big of a deal about it, so there goes that.

I don't know why but something about our starting 3B possibly giving up his number to a guy who was just signed to a minor league contract 2 weeks ago and hasn't done anything of note in the big leagues since 2005 rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure Josh will give up his number, I don't think he has much of a choice, that's a tough position to be in for a young ballplayer.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
I don't know why but something about our starting 3B possibly giving up his number to a guy who was just signed to a minor league contract 2 weeks ago and hasn't done anything of note in the big leagues since 2005 rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure Josh will give up his number, I don't think he has much of a choice, that's a tough position to be in for a young ballplayer.

agree with all of the above

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
He already made too big of a deal about it, so there goes that.

"I might bring it up to him but it's not a big deal either way, doesn't really matter what number is on my back, I'm just happy to be back in Chicago."

Was that so hard?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)

How could you?

Don't give in Josh. It's your number now. Why should he give up his number to Pods of all people? Josh is our starter and deserves whatever number he wants. A washed up bum like podsednik has no right to take it from Josh.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 1, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Seriously? I suppose that is a hint of some kind about where in the lineup he expects to hit.

That's what it says on his MLB.com page but I doubt he's had a chance to speak to Fields before today.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
I thought #1 was retired by the White Sox? Or am I confusing it with some of the other retired numbers? :-S

Lance Johnson is the last guy I remember having that number for an extended period.