BOOO!!! We don't get to see Porcello tmrw, Galarraga w

caulfield12

Wednesday was supposed to be the first career start at Comerica Park for Tigers rookie starter Rick Porcello. Given the conditions and the way they affected starters Zach Miner and Gavin Floyd on Monday, however, it might not have been a fair glimpse for fans at Detroit's top prospect. Both Miner and Floyd seemingly struggled to find a grip on baseballs, and their command suffered.

With Tuesday's rainout, plus scheduled off-days coming Thursday and next Monday, the Tigers shuffled their pitching rotation after the announcement. Porcello will make his next start Sunday at Seattle. Armando Galarraga will make his scheduled start Wednesday against Chicago, followed by Justin Verlander on the road Friday and Edwin Jackson on Saturday, both against Seattle. Galarraga is expected to start again next Tuesday against the Angels.

That leaves Miner out of the rotation until the Tigers need a fifth starter again, likely late next week at Kansas City.

Porcello's situation, manager Jim Leyland said, did not factor into it.

"I don't get excited about stuff like that, because you can't control it," Leyland said of the weather. "You make the best decision you can and you live with it."

www.tigers.com

Jose has pitched some very good games against the Tigers in the past, even since 2005/06. I remember he pitched an excellent game in DET that reminded everyone of the "glory" days.

Is it official that Danks is also scratched from tomorrow's start? I don't think either pitcher began to warm up today. (Yes, I see where Jose will start, then Danks against LH line-up in TB and then Colon, with Danks separating the two).

As far as why the White Sox are not going to see Porcello, I think the Tigers learned with Verlander not to overexpose their young starters to the White Sox...and that we tend to rip young fastball-dominant pitchers.

Great, Swisher hit another homer...oh, well.

Edited by caulfield12