Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Now I see Ozzie having an excuse for playing Owens or Pods. Strikeout in a big situation. It seems anything is enough in Ozzie's mind when it comes to not giving BA chances.

When you take 2 straight pitches that you can drive, its a valid reason.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
Now I see Ozzie having an excuse for playing Owens or Pods. Strikeout in a big situation. It seems anything is enough in Ozzie's mind when it comes to not giving BA chances.

Yah. it has nothing to do with the fact that he sucks.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
and THAT is why BA doesnt get to play. BECAUSE he is f***ing WORHTLESS in those situations.

Because everyone comes through every single time in those situations. He's the 9th hitter who has hardly played this year. He didn't come through. It sucks but it happens. Maybe the leadoff hitter can help him out. You won't say anything if Lillibridge fails again.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)

Anderson had a chance to do something and failed once again.

im honestly to the point where i almost really believe beckham at SS and alexei in CF is whats best for the team...

i know by the end of the year that is what will be best, and while id ratehr not rush gordo, it might be the best option for the team right now

lillirbirdge you SUCK....hanging breaking ball screaming crush me and he fouled it off

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)

We're already talking as if it's Owens and Pods who have been playing this whole time. BA and Wise were chosen. Lets not strike pre-emptively here

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)

LOL, for real. He has to be the most overrated Sox in history. By overrated I mean prospect, high ceiling potential what ever you call it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
Because everyone comes through every single time in those situations. He's the 9th hitter who has hardly played this year. He didn't come through. It sucks but it happens. Maybe the leadoff hitter can help him out. You won't say anything if Lillibridge fails again.

Big difference in situations.

Anderson just puts the ball in play and its 1-0. Now we need a 2 out hit which is a lot harder than a ground ball to second.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
im honestly to the point where i almost really believe beckham at SS and alexei in CF is whats best for the team...

i know by the end of the year that is what will be best, and while id ratehr not rush gordo, it might be the best option for the team right now

lillirbirdge you SUCK....hanging breaking ball screaming crush me and he fouled it off

agree 100%

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)

So does Wise, and he was given a shot. So does Owens, and he has been given chances. It always seems like BA is last to play, and only if absolutely necessary (Wise injury, Owens sucking in AAA). I just want him to be given a chance like everyone else, because he definitely plays the best D out of the bunch.

Lillibridge at 1/13

Ramirez 4/27

Anderson 1/7

6/47=.128

Hard to get much done when your 1/8/9 is so horrific.

Anderson will never be able to succeed if he can't lie off those breaking balls down and away. Not even Felix Hernandez will throw him another FB.

For that matter, Ramirez needs to adjust to, but at least he's flipped a couple of curves for hits this year, one on Monday down the LF line.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pcullotta @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
BA is one of the worst hitters I have ever seen

He has a ton of physical ability, but his actual swing is one of the ugliest I've ever seen from an actual player. Its why I would always question his true-up side as a prospect and why I felt if he would make it, it would be similar to Torri Hunter where it took him a while to finally make it in the majors and that even than you'd be talking about a guy who'd have a relatively low AVG and OBP, but pretty good power periph's. However, Anderson clearly won't ever be Hunter offensively. He's practically Randy Johnson offensively.

Anderson has a place in this league as a pinch runner and defensive CFer, thats probably it.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
So does Wise, and he was given a shot. So does Owens, and he has been given chances. It always seems like BA is last to play, and only if absolutely necessary (Wise injury, Owens sucking in AAA). I just want him to be given a chance like everyone else, because he definitely plays the best D out of the bunch.

BA played for an entire season as a starter. Neither of those guys have been given that chance.