Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
Hawk's pet peeve, the dreaded pitch count.

Actually, this is a good test for the Tigers' pen to see if they can shut down the White Sox...Leyland needs to know what he'll get out them in the late innings.

Its cold, wet, and they have a warm plane taking them to a warm place.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
That's about as bad a 3-1 swing as you're going to find.

AJ is becoming my least favorite white sox...its like he predetermines whether he is gonna swing or not...youd typically think catchers might have a better knowledge of teh strike zone, but i guess not

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
A.J. and Ramirez will figure it out eventually. Unless of course I'm wrong, in which case we'll finish no higher than 3rd place.

Yep, there's no point in getting worried about it right now. I wasn't expecting a 95 win team this year, as it was obvious there were some holes that might not have been filled. I will say that this team would get better if KW decides to stick Alexei in CF and call up Beckham.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
Hawk's pet peeve, the dreaded pitch count.

Actually, this is a good test for the Tigers' pen to see if they can shut down the White Sox...Leyland needs to know what he'll get out them in the late innings.

Room service DP ball...typical of how this game isn't going.

90% of the time when you miss those two early scoring opportunities against a good pitcher, you can put a fork in that game. Plus our defense is one of the worst in the major leagues...in terms of errors AND range (yes, you JD and Fields)

I think we should all blame the game on BA. Anyone else out in CF today batting ninth and the White Sox probably win this one going away.

good god...im honestly blown away at how good macdougals stuff looks....its really a damn shame he can't locate

95 with tons of life, 92 on a cutter/slider....85 on a hard breaking slider....its really a shame he has no idea where the ball is going

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Yep, there's no point in getting worried about it right now. I wasn't expecting a 95 win team this year, as it was obvious there were some holes that might not have been filled. I will say that this team would get better if KW decides to stick Alexei in CF and call up Beckham.

That's what I would do if I ran the show. I think Alexei's best defensive position at the end of the day might be CF too, although that's obviously based on limited knowledge. And yeah, the one positive I know I've seen is I thought the only chance the Sox had to win the division was if the division was bad, and I think that just might be the case.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

make a f***ing effort to block the ball at least AJ....hawk blow it out your ass and call it like it is....AJ didnt even try on that pitch to block it....even if macdougal is hard to catch...you cant just try to backhand the ball the dirt with a man on base

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
I think we should all blame the game on BA. Anyone else out in CF today batting ninth and the White Sox probably win this one going away.

If BA (or Lillibridge, or Quentin/Thome) managed to bring in those two runs early, then they had at least a 50/50 chance to win this game.

BA is even more important, because they can pitch around him to get to Lillibridge...so he HAS to make contact in that situation.

Well, JD just saved one run there with his height, unfortunately it's too late to matter except for the highlight shows.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
good god...im honestly blown away at how good macdougals stuff looks....its really a damn shame he can't locate

95 with tons of life, 92 on a cutter/slider....85 on a hard breaking slider....its really a shame he has no idea where the ball is going

He's a total headcase. Even with his horrid motion he used to be able to locate well enough to be elite in stretches. He's afraid of the bat IMO. He abandons his fastball and throws only sliders or he will start aiming and his fastball will lose all of its effectiveness. I don't think there is anyone who can fix him. You just have to hope he finds some sort of comfort zone for a while and ride it.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Remind me again how MMac conned his way onto this team this year??

Last year of his expensive contract, and he does have dominant stuff when he can locate it. We all wondered which MMac we'd get this season - the one from 2006 when he was good, or the one from 2007 and 2008 when he wasn't. Spring Training, he looked 2006. Now, he looks 2007. Again.

I'd rather have Egbert or Wassermann up here, as I've said all along, but we'll see. It is still early, maybe MMac figures it out.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
I believe it's Ed Farmer who calls a bad sinker a "stinker". Marquez throws more stinkers than anybody you'll ever find.

That's what's so frustrating about Marquez and Lillibridge. Anyone that saw them in the minors last year knew they weren't MLB caliber. Lillibridge honestly looks like a pitcher at the plate.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
If BA (or Lillibridge, or Quentin/Thome) managed to bring in those two runs early, then they had at least a 50/50 chance to win this game.

BA is even more important, because they can pitch around him to get to Lillibridge...so he HAS to make contact in that situation.

Well, JD just saved one run there with his height, unfortunately it's too late to matter except for the highlight shows.

So they pitch around the #9 hitter to face the leadoff man? There's something wrong there?