Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
i have to believe macdougal just pitched his way off the team...not sure who they will bring up...broadway?? poreda? egbert? russell?

I'd be OK with any of those other than Poreda, who I want to see focus on development. I'd also be OK with Wassermann or Link.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Somehow I doubt that. He's not only not coming through, he's having pathetic at bats. He is horrible up there.

He walked 3 times in a row. He's hardly played. Even his big strikeout which apparently cost the White Sox the game really wasn't that horrendous of an AB. Gallaraga is tough on RH batters. BA hardly ever faces RHP. What do you expect is going to happen?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Never have I see a pitcher with such talent be so ineffective for so long as this guy.

Its like listening to music by Rush - such great musical talent, such irritating results.

Never ever rip Rush again. You should be suspended.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
He walked 3 times in a row. He's hardly played. Even his big strikeout which apparently cost the White Sox the game really wasn't that horrendous of an AB. Gallaraga is tough on RH batters. BA hardly ever faces RHP. What do you expect is going to happen?

He better learn how to hit righties if he's going to really be our everyday CFer.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
He better learn how to hit righties if he's going to really be our everyday CFer.
Hopefully we'll see if he can with regular playing time in the next few weeks.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)

Anderson is a 4th OF who plays absolutely fantastic defense, hits lefties at a decent rate, and can't hit righties. There is nothing wrong with that, unless of course you don't have a starting CF to speak of.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Anderson is a 4th OF who plays absolutely fantastic defense, hits lefties at a decent rate, and can't hit righties. There is nothing wrong with that, unless of course you don't have a starting CF to speak of.

Yes.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
I have to believe there will be a new person in the bullpen when the Tampa series starts. Whether without Richard or MacDougal. Just a hunch.

id say theres almost 0 chance richard gets sent down...he hasnt been good, but he is what he is....a lefty reliever who hopefully can give a few innings.....he just desparately needs to work on PFP

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
I agree. Hopefully they let him face a few. It could help his development.

In his career, he's split his AB's roughly 60/40 righties/lefties. It's not saying all that much given how bad his overall numbers are, but he's put up better batting averages and OPS against righties than lefties.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Way to show WGN fans White Sox offensive baseball..............2 games .................2 shutouts .............No OFFENSE.............YEAH OZZIE! :gosoxretro: This sucks.

Yeah no s***, only two games ive seen so far this year and they were awful

0-3 with 2 shutouts now when not hitting a HR

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
In his career, he's split his AB's roughly 60/40 righties/lefties. It's not saying all that much given how bad his overall numbers are, but he's put up better batting averages and OPS against righties than lefties.

Coming into today's game he had 2 so far this year. Actually 4 with 2 BB, and I'm sure all his AB against RHP is very scattered. Before he's hung, I think he needs a chance to play for a little while like all the other guys. He obviously has ability.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
I want KW to say he failed this team this offseason also...we don't always get what we want.

Not KW's fault that he had to cut payroll from the 2008 team.

He did well just to get rid of Vazquez and Swisher quite frankly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
I want KW to say he failed this team this offseason also...we don't always get what we want.

He obviously has a mandate from above to cut costs. But his talking up Lillibridge and Marquez and Nunez was just plain pompous. The only team that shred more payroll than the Sox this offseason was SD. I think the Sox are the odds on favorite to win the biggest payroll drop next year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
He obviously has a mandate from above to cut costs. But his talking up Lillibridge and Marquez and Nunez was just plain pompous. The only team that shred more payroll than the Sox this offseason was SD. I think the Sox are the odds on favorite to win the biggest payroll drop next year.

You think the Sox will have a payroll around 75 mil next season?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)

The White Sox ticket sales are ahead of last year. They have found some more sponsors. They increased ticket and concession prices when other teams are holding the line or decreasing them. They have a ton coming off the books next year. If they didn't have the money to give Orlando Hudson a bigger guarantee than LA did, they have been operating deep in the red for a while, and we know that doesn't happen.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)

He traded 2 legit major leaguers though and got no one that could realistically play CF or leadoff. He got one potential major league player in the trades, and that guy is Flowers. All I'm saying is that the lack of depth of major leaguers is very evident now after just 2 injuries.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
You think the Sox will have a payroll around 75 mil next season?

I bet it will be lower than that. Between $60-70 million unless they lose 100 games this year and they have to sign someone significant to keep at least a few people paying $23 to park.