Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Don't ask me why but this game is making more angry than any game in a long time for some reason. Even more than the Minny series. It makes no sense.

well weve had plenty of opportunities to score runs, which has been frustrating...im at least encouraged by what Jose has done against a pretty good lineup though...thats a good sign IMO

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
The hole in his swing was apparent way before that...

It was also quite apparent that Mack couldn't play a lick of cf. The point is, BA has never been given close to a full season of at bats. I don't think he's ever going to be a great hitter, hell, I don't think he's ever going to be a good hitter but he's a fantastic defender and by far our best option in cf, he needs to play.

And as far as it being my dream that BA succeeds, my dream right now is to have a competent cf, I don't give a f*** if it's BA or Jose Paniagua but BA imo is our best shot and that's why I'm defending him right now.

Dick, everyone knows I'm biased against Thome. I flat out don't like guys who only hit for power and draw walks. That said, those type of guys have places on certain teams and I will admit Thome's value. But as a pure hitter, I don't consider him even close to being a very good hitter. He does other things though, like hit for obscene power (same with Adam Dunn whose a horrendous pure hitter).

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
This is just pathetic

What were people expecting? You play 7 righties against a pitcher who destroys them, and you're not going to have a lot of offense. We need Getz back ASAP, because we have one of the worst hitters in baseball getting the most at bats.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
Don't ask me why but this game is making more angry than any game in a long time for some reason. Even more than the Minny series. It makes no sense.

Why though..the match-up obviously didn't favor the Sox. Tigers also had chances, as they squandered 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Guys like Anderson, Ramirez, and Lillibridge aren't going to get it done right now against a tough righty.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
What were people expecting? You play 7 righties against a pitcher who destroys them, and you're not going to have a lot of offense. We need Getz back ASAP, because we have one of the worst hitters in baseball getting the most at bats.

The bigger problem is our best offensive chance in the game involved Brian Anderson and Brent Lillibridge batting. That is going to tend to lead to problems, even if a lefty were on the mound.

can someone explain to me why rich harden is so hard to hit? he throws a fastball straight as an arrow ....occasionally hes upper 90s, but most of the time hes 92-94.....he gets so many swings and misses on it, its unbelievable

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
The bigger problem is our best offensive chance in the game involved Brian Anderson and Brent Lillibridge batting. That is going to tend to lead to problems, even if a lefty were on the mound.

I'll take my chances with Anderson against a LHP. With regards to Lillibridge, I wouldn't feel good about his chances if a 13 yr old was on the mound.

In fact, this game "felt" over just with the fact that Lillibridge was leading off.

It's one of those games where we wasted our two big scoring opportunities, but we're still not out of it if we get to face Brandon Lyon b4 we get to Rodney. Unfortunately, not much patience in that inning, so Galarraga will get the 7th now as well.

Hopefully, this is the last game Lillibridge starts in a week and Getz can get back and prove effective leading off. If not, we've still got a huge problem, as Pods or Owens are not the answer either...certainly not long-term.

Lillibridge should spell Ramirez every couple of weeks at SS (or Sundays) and PR. That's it. He's not capable of anything more. Realistically, they should send him to Charlotte and work on his stroke and putting the ball onto the ground more often...same issue as Jerry Owens.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:53 PM)
can someone explain to me why rich harden is so hard to hit? he throws a fastball straight as an arrow ....occasionally hes upper 90s, but most of the time hes 92-94.....he gets so many swings and misses on it, its unbelievable

Amazing location on his fastball above the belt. The Cubs rotation is ridiculous if he has any semblance of health this year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Dick, everyone knows I'm biased against Thome. I flat out don't like guys who only hit for power and draw walks. That said, those type of guys have places on certain teams and I will admit Thome's value. But as a pure hitter, I don't consider him even close to being a very good hitter. He does other things though, like hit for obscene power (same with Adam Dunn whose a horrendous pure hitter).

His .280 career avg. would indicate he does more than homer and walk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
Why though..the match-up obviously didn't favor the Sox. Tigers also had chances, as they squandered 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Guys like Anderson, Ramirez, and Lillibridge aren't going to get it done right now against a tough righty.

Thats what im saying. It doesn't make sense that I'm so angry. I think I just can't stand watching BA play. Jose has actually been really encouraging.