Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

fields error, bunt single by anderson....

josh anderson just killing us btw...adn we could have had him for virtually nothing, but we decided dewayne f***ing wise and brian f***ing anderson and jerrry f***ing owens were the answer

So after we fall to 4-4, I have to say I'm extremely happy with how things are going. Some of our big question marks, Quentin and Linebrink, look fantastic so far. Fields is having a good start, and showing a lot of improvement from his miserable 2008. To make things better, the AL Central doesn't look extremely strong this season. Considering how awful we swung the bats in the first few games, I can't complain at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
PUT THIS GAME ON THE DEFENSE, COMPLETELY.

JD gets to that shank down the RF line, and Josh completes the double play, it's still 0-0 and we're in it, although with Galarraga our offense might need 18 innings to score.

i dont know if i'd use the word 'completely'

the Dye thing was annoying but I'm not sure Quentin gets to that either, one of those will be our RF for the forseeable future so we have to live w/ that

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
So after we fall to 4-4, I have to say I'm extremely happy with how things are going. Some of our big question marks, Quentin and Linebrink, look fantastic so far. Fields is having a good start, and showing a lot of improvement from his miserable 2008. To make things better, the AL Central doesn't look extremely strong this season. Considering how awful we swung the bats in the first few games, I can't complain at all.

If you hang around .500, you have a chance in the AL Central.

Meh. Quentin wasn't a question mark, and Linebrink hasn't proven anything (he's a great 1st half pitcher who struggles and/or gets hurt in the 2nd half). We're probably going to leave Tampa 5-7, and although the division is horrible and our pitching IF it stays healthy is pretty good, I'm not overwhelmingly happy.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
josh anderson just killing us btw...adn we could have had him for virtually nothing, but we decided dewayne f***ing wise and brian f***ing anderson and jerrry f***ing owens were the answer

yeah that hurt

KW needs to get his head out of his ass.

i'll play devils advocate a little bit and say....middle relief looks horrible, Alexei looks really, really bad out there, and unlike my fellow sox faithful, im really worried about him. I personalyl don't think hes a very good hitter, and i honestly am not sure that he is the hitter he showed last year...i mean only 18 BBs in 400+ ABs...pitchers are really going to take advantage of him...CF looks like an even bigger hole than I expected (and I didnt expect much), and the defense looks terrible....also our base running has been as bad as ive seen....

also, as you pointed out earlier, ozzies philosophy of having someone fast leading off is really unsettling

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
i'll play devils advocate a little bit and say....middle relief looks horrible, Alexei looks really, really bad out there, and unlike my fellow sox faithful, im really worried about him. I personalyl don't think hes a very good hitter, and i honestly am not sure that he is the hitter he showed last year...i mean only 18 BBs in 400+ ABs...pitchers are really going to take advantage of him...CF looks like an even bigger hole than I expected (and I didnt expect much), and the defense looks terrible....also our base running has been as bad as ive seen....

also, as you pointed out earlier, ozzies philosophy of having someone fast leading off is really unsettling

They keep stating that OBP is the most important quality. Yet our examples of who has been trotting out there, is not exactly OBP guys.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
The thing is that Josh Anderson won't even play that much when Carlos Guillen goes back to LF.

He'll be mostly a once or twice a week player and pinch runner.

How sad that Detroit's backup is better than all of our CFs combined.

Tigers gave up a guy who throws 94, right?

I doubt KW would want to give up something right now that he could later package with Poreda to bring in a real player.