Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
I just wish we had an offensively competent utility player. Looking at what Lillibridge did in his brief stint in the majors last year is just scary, I don't think he knows what kind of hitter he is. Low contact, high FB%, almost non-existent LD% and his K rate was dreadful at both levels, he has the peripherals of a power hitter but the body and ability of a slap hitter.

I dont understand why he doesnt get a bat much smaller than the one he has and scoot up on top of the plate. He should be checking out how Polanco hits and try to copy that. He needs to wait until the pitch is deep and then swing a small, light bat at the ball.

Harrelson got punkd by Stone on that ball Alexei went too far on...he just let it go, thankfully, but Stone was right.

DJ would never have challenged him on that kind of stuff, he'd just let Hawk go on and on and on about umpiring.

We just had bad luck not getting to face Porcello. We usually tee off on pitchers with that big fastball, like Verlander...you can't EXPECT to beat a 1/2 starter on the road with your 4/5 starter more than 20-25% of the time, so I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as Jose improves on his performance from last time out (which he has so far).

Edited by caulfield12

Harrelson got punkd by Stone on that ball Alexei went too far on...he just let it go, thankfully, but Stone was right.

DJ would never have challenged him on that kind of stuff, he'd just let Hawk go on and on and on about umpiring.

My same thoughts when it happened.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
I just wish we had an offensively competent utility player. Looking at what Lillibridge did in his brief stint in the majors last year is just scary, I don't think he knows what kind of hitter he is. Low contact, high FB%, almost non-existent LD% and his K rate was dreadful at both levels, he has the peripherals of a power hitter but the body and ability of a slap hitter.

Agreed, Lillibridge has major offensive flaws. I see some perks to having him though, given his ability to play multiple positions with above average to average defense (depending on where he's playing). Betemeit is a sweet option and I do think Pods could turn into a nice option as well, although I hate saying it because he has been pretty awful for the past couple years (unfortunately the Sox guys have been even worse).

Just for a few innings, it's reminding me of when Jose wouldn't care about the few baserunners he allowed, because he was so confident he could get out of any situation with his forkball/split and 93-97 MPH fastball.

He's lost a lot off that fastball, but he can still be very effective at 90-93...especially if he can get back the split and get ahead in counts.

Ramirez, you need to get your head out of your a--.