White Sox (4-4) @ Tampa Bay Rays (4-5), April 16, 6:08 CDT

iWiN4PreP

Figured I'd make the game thread, since I'll be at the game :).

going today, tomorrow, and Sunday, my anual live white sox baseball down here in Tampa, tho this time there should be alot more fans then normal (coming off world series) :o.

Go sox

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
Figured I'd make the game thread, since I'll be at the game :).

going today, tomorrow, and Sunday, my anual live white sox baseball down here in Tampa, tho this time there should be alot more fans then normal (coming off world series) :o.

Go sox

Let us know your thoughts and observations. Is Tampa considering a replacement for that stadium do you know? I would wonder since Miami is building a new one to keep the Marlins.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
Let us know your thoughts and observations. Is Tampa considering a replacement for that stadium do you know? I would wonder since Miami is building a new one to keep the Marlins.

The Hawk usually talks about it when they're down there, I guess they have a good design and location in a better place, but still looking for funding... Cryptvill, that's about right?

Edited by SoxFan562004

The Hawk usually talks about it when they're down there, I guess they have a good design and location in a better place, but still looking for funding... Cryptvill, that's about right?

Yeah, I honestly don't know to much about it, but from what I saw about the possible new stadium : It looks amazing, to have a stadium like that would be awesome. 1. Itd be in the open air, I cant tell you how much I miss going to a normal baseball game outside a dome (MLB). I've been to a good 40-60 rays games over the years, and dome baseball is kool and all, but cant replace a good day.

The stadium was said to have like, a 'devil ray' aquarium built into it or something of that nature, man, it was just flat out amazing from what I remember.

I hope they get it going, but I think it has something to do with laws/funding.

EDIT: heading out nwo to catch white sox batting practice, peace all!

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)

I was down there last year on a staff trip (since i work for the biscuits) and they told us everything is set but they need funding. They are trying to put it in a better location and instead of a dome that want a new kind of retractable roof. Super cool stuff if they get it approved. It had been approved, but once the economy turned bad they had to put it on hold.