White Sox (4-4) @ Tampa Bay Rays (4-5), April 16, 6:08 CDT

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
How in the world did that happen?

I have 2 boards open, one thread was about making bold predictions for the draft, since both have generic white backgrounds I forgot where I was posting.

This would be a very bad loss should they lose this late. They should have at least 4 or 5 runs here tonight, but haven't been able to avoid a pop-up/double play with men in scoring position. Danks pitched a great game, let's hope they can get to Jenks with the lead in the 9th.

Seriously... WHY does this team insist on running/stealing for second when they NEVER succeed? Ozzie, I know you like your smallball, but these guys are too old and slow for "Ozzieball" to work. The Sox are beating themselves with this "aggression." It's stupid aggression.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
He wasn't dogging it, he just can't run anymore.

Yes sir. Watch him chase down routine fly outs for any other fielder, like the one to end the bottom of the 7th. He's not just "taking big strides which appear to make him run slow," either

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)
Did it look like Konerko just re-injured his hand in his last at-bat??? It looked like he was reacting in pain when he made two foul hits.

Noticed that also, especially on the ball he fouled off after the spinner. He couldn't keep his hand on the bat through the zone.

Boy, we are something special on offense...

I remember it constantly being discussed how dangerous a combination Dye-Thome-Konerko can make in the lineup. It also has to be one of the (if not THE) slowest 1-2-3 punches in the entire MLB.