White Sox (4-4) @ Tampa Bay Rays (4-5), April 16, 6:08 CDT

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
The Pods era is coming soon...we need a Y2Jericho-esque countdown.

You, sir, better bite your tongue...

I'm almost willing to say, at this point, and it pains me to think it, that Pods couldn't do any worse than our current rotation of AAAA stars and never-will-be's in CF...

The Pods era is coming soon...we need a Y2Jericho-esque countdown.

It's sad, too... Pods getting on with a walk and even stealing a base (maybe even TWO) won't help anyone bring him in...

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
I remember it constantly being discussed how dangerous a combination Dye-Thome-Konerko can make in the lineup. It also has to be one of the (if not THE) slowest 1-2-3 punches in the entire MLB.

Those guys aren't the issue...the issue with our offense is that our leadoff position is 3-34 this season, and our CF position has been worthless.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
I remember it constantly being discussed how dangerous a combination Dye-Thome-Konerko can make in the lineup. It also has to be one of the (if not THE) slowest 1-2-3 punches in the entire MLB.

Yeah, in 2006 it was discussed. And it was dangerous. And will likely be dangerous.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 02:29 AM)
You, sir, better bite your tongue...

I'm almost willing to say, at this point, and it pains me to think it, that Pods couldn't do any worse than our current rotation of AAAA stars and never-will-be's in CF...

I agree...have you seen my posts stating I want Juan Pierre on this team? I never thought I'd say that either.

Those guys aren't the issue...the issue with our offense is that our leadoff position is 3-34 this season, and our CF position has been worthless.

Yeah, but what difference does it make who our leadoff hitter is when we simply cannot hit (out of the f***ing infield, at least) with RISP? I mean, seriously. I don't think having Grady Sizemore or anyone else you can think of leading off for us would make that much of a difference.

Edited by TheBigHurt