White Sox (4-4) @ Tampa Bay Rays (4-5), April 16, 6:08 CDT

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
The Rays announcers are pathetic. I don't think they discussed anything but b****ing about the foul ball call.

Yeah it was really starting to get annoying. But that's pretty much what Hawk does.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
BTW, Anderson is now 1 for 15 with the bases loaded in his career. I can't wait for the Anderson era to end with the White Sox.

Or just keep him in the role he is best suited for: 1.5 innings at the end of every game for defense, thats it. Its pretty clear that he just won't make adjustments to that long looping swing he has...

ozzie guillen is a fool for having a lineup that has 4 straight batters with no speed

SEPARATE THEM PLEASE

1. Getz

2. Fields

3. Thome

4. Quentin

5. Dye

6. Alexei

7. Konerko

8. Anderson

9. Pierzynski

Yeah, I have AJ batting 9th and Konerko batting 7th. Deal with it, it's way better than this s*** we're running out there now

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
Against the Twins, they actually seemed to shorten up their swing with RISP. The last two games, everyone's been swinging out of their ass.

they supposedly worked on that approach all spring, if harrelson is to be believed.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 12:53 AM)
ozzie guillen is a fool for having a lineup that has 4 straight batters with no speed

SEPARATE THEM PLEASE

1. Getz

2. Fields

3. Thome

4. Quentin

5. Dye

6. Alexei

7. Konerko

8. Anderson

9. Pierzynski

Yeah, I have AJ batting 9th and Konerko batting 7th. Deal with it, it's way better than this s*** we're running out there now

For once, I won't blame Ozzie for this. This falls all on KW. When I was driving home tonight, I was thinking "who in the hell did KW think was going to hit leadoff for this team this season"?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
Farmio and DJ ripping the team, i f***ing love it

DJ was ripping the team yesterday too

stark contrast from the ass-kissing I heard and saw on the radio/tv last year

What are they staying? Hawk's definitely pessimistic about our chances tonight.

I know this is the broken record of all broken records, but the way this team has consistently failed to string hits together, get sacrifices (just hitting something out of the f***ing INFIELD would be nice), get clutch hits, etc. is making me REALLY annoyed with this team's look on offense. You simply CAN'T tell me everything is going great with Walker and the team when it comes to batting practice/instruction. Seriously, I hope the guy doesn't ruin Quentin.

Seriously, I never even get the slightest bit excited when the Sox have bases loaded with 0 outs much less 1 or 2 because I expect them to fail and they almost always do, seemingly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
What are they staying? Hawk's definitely pessimistic about our chances tonight.

"If you have 9 hits and a walk, you should have 4 or 5 runs."

"We've got 8 hits and a home run. That's 8 hits and zero runs"