Raise your hand if this is you...

JPN366

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddies and I alway try and think of obscure Sox jersies we could get. Some of the better ones we could come up with were Dan Pasqua, Mike Caruso, and Mike Lavalierre (which I actually saw one time). That website is pretty cool. I laughed when I saw the Craig Grebeck Blue Jays jersey. Sad how many people don't know "The Little Hurt."

Edited by NIUSox

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
My buddies and I alway try and think of obscure Sox jersies we could get. Some of the better ones we could come up with were Dan Pasqua, Mike Caruso, and Mike Lavalierre (which I actually saw one time). That website is pretty cool. I laughed when I saw the Craig Grebeck Blue Jays jersey. Sad how many people don't know "The Little Hurt."

Pasqua is not obscure, my man. He was the White Sox version of Chuck Norris.

Dan Pasqua doesn't strike out...he hits homers in another dimension.

Obscure would be a McKay Christiansen or Julio Ramirez jersey...speaking of which, either of those guys available for CF?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
Pasqua is not obscure, my man. He was the White Sox version of Chuck Norris.

Dan Pasqua doesn't strike out...he hits homers in another dimension.

Obscure would be a McKay Christiansen or Julio Ramirez jersey...speaking of which, either of those guys available for CF?

Julio Ramirez was terrible........could not hit water if he fell out a boat. He was fast though!

I would like a Paco Martin Lyle Mouton or a Warren Newson Jersey; those would be extremely Rare and quite stupid at the same time

I have an authentic red Braves #18 Jarrad Saltalamacchia jersey. Got it right before he was traded to Texas. $250 bucks and it was hell getting it made. MLB Shop has a policy where you can only get 12 letters on the back of a jersey, Salty's last name is 14 letters. But, since he was an actual player and his name was available under the drop down player menu, I figured they'd make an exception. When I got the e-mail invoice, it just said "#18 Name: SALTALAMACCH." So, after many phone calls and haggling, I insisted that they cancel the order if they weren't going to put his whole name on the back. I thought the order was cancelled, then I got a package in the mail. I pulled out the jersey and it had all 14 letters on the back. I hope that anybody else who's ordered a Salty jersey since then has gotten his whole name, or that I at least got MLB Shop to alter it's policy if an actual player's name is longer than 12 letters.

I got a couple jerseys of marginal players, but not of White Sox. I have a Dolphins Karim Abdul-Jabbar, a Bengals Carl Pickens, a Bears Curtis Conway. My only WS jersey with a name is a Big Hurt.