White Sox Acquire Andy Phillips

chisox2334

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Minor league deal. No biggie. I knew "Doobie" wouldn't amount to anything with the Sox organization. I still the Sox shouldn't given up Iguchi to Phillies so easily after Utley went down. It made the 2007 team look even more like the Pirates.

That was absolutely a move made on politics. KW was being a gentleman and sent over a thank you gift for the Freddy Garcia deal. I don't see it as anything other than that. Of course he could have gotten more of Iguchi, but

Ethical or not, I have absolutely no doubt that's what it was.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
That was absolutely a move made on politics. KW was being a gentleman and sent over a thank you gift for the Freddy Garcia deal. I don't see it as anything other than that. Of course he could have gotten more of Iguchi, but

Ethical or not, I have absolutely no doubt that's what it was.

I don't buy that. If he could have got more for Iguchi, I really think he would have gone for another deal. He didn't send anything Toronto's way when Sirotka never pitched again. The Sox were out of it. He had to see if Richar could play. He saved some money shipping Iguchi elsewhere. Talk about a guy who faded fast, I don't think Richar is even on the Reds 40.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
I don't buy that. If he could have got more for Iguchi, I really think he would have gone for another deal. He didn't send anything Toronto's way when Sirotka never pitched again. The Sox were out of it. He had to see if Richar could play. He saved some money shipping Iguchi elsewhere. Talk about a guy who faded fast, I don't think Richar is even on the Reds 40.

that played a part in it too. And in regards to Sirotka, he was also a rookie GM at that point and it was his first big trade. I also seem to recall that the Sox did have to send someone back to Toronto as part of that deal, so that was brought upon by MLB.

Matt DeWitt and Mike Williams...Mike Williams doesn't have a page, but DeWitt does, and the notable transactions read as

January 14, 2001: Traded by the Toronto Blue Jays with David Wells to the Chicago White Sox for Mike Williams (minors), Kevin Beirne, Brian Simmons and Mike Sirotka.

March 20, 2001: Traded by the Chicago White Sox to the Toronto Blue Jays for Mike Williams (minors).

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
that played a part in it too. And in regards to Sirotka, he was also a rookie GM at that point and it was his first big trade. I also seem to recall that the Sox did have to send someone back to Toronto as part of that deal, so that was brought upon by MLB.

No. Bud ruled in favor of the White Sox.