Sox @ Rays, 12:38, CSN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was just that freezing cold weather that messed with Floyd's game Monday. Otherwise, he has fairly decent control, although he did come unhinged a couple of times last year (especially in the 2nd half) where he would just completely lose his touch for the curve.

CB Bucknor looks a little bit like Obama.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
All things aside, Lillibridge has to give Ozzie a mega-boner, as he's such a piranha.

I mentioned that in the game thread yesterday that I wouldn't mind seeing a Lilli/Getz 1-2 in the order. He's making it tough to keep him out of there. Maybe it'll be a wakeup call for Lexi too. I just hope Lilli's shagging some flys from center because at some point Ozzie will have to find a place to keep him in the lineup.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
Where was this in the 2008 ALDS?

I might get ripped for this but I think it goes to show what's happening when all your top flight pitchers can go all out. Not to say Garza and Kazmir are holding back but I think when everything's ratcheted up a notch in the playoffs, you see true talent shine.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
I might get ripped for this but I think it goes to show what's happening when all your top flight pitchers can go all out. Not to say Garza and Kazmir are holding back but I think when everything's ratcheted up a notch in the playoffs, you see true talent shine.

I dunno, we played like s*** in Tropicana last year.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)

or what happens when Javy Vazquez is asked to pitch in a big series.

It seems like we've led almost every inning (except for 7-8-9 in Game 2) in this series...pretty close to dominance.

And the Yankees (hard to cheer for them) have taken the lead over the sorry Indians' bullpen 4-3. But good start by Pavano.

Of course, when we face the Angels...it will be against their Top 4 healthy starters. Sucks that Minnesota always seems to get the breaks with scheduling somehow.

Perkins with a 1.57 ERA so far on the season.

Edited by caulfield12