Sox @ Rays, 12:38, CSN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
THOME!!!

By the way Quentin's leading the majors in homers again.

Im going to preface this by saying I love Boers and Bernstein, but I was listening to them before the season started and they were talking about Quentin and Boers said "I dont think Quentin is going to come close to what he did last year homerun-wise", to which Bernstein followed up his comment by saying "Every metric points to Quentin regressing and not having a year like he had last year."

I cannot WAIT until September rolls around so I can ask him what Metrics he was referring to like he does to callers

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
THOME!!!

By the way Quentin's leading the majors in homers again.

and 5 of his 7 bombs were on the road, he's not a product of his home field unlike someone else (Cough,Hamilton,Cough)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Im going to preface this by saying I love Boers and Bernstein, but I was listening to them before the season started and they were talking about Quentin and Boers said "I dont think Quentin is going to come close to what he did last year homerun-wise", to which Bernstein followed up his comment by saying "Every metric points to Quentin regressing and not having a year like he had last year."

I cannot WAIT until September rolls around so I can ask him what Metrics he was referring to like he does to callers

Yeah, this explains my mocking tone in these game threads every time CQ homers.

Jerry just got himself penciled into the starting line-up with a good ab there.

The thing is, production out of 9, 1 and 2 will make your team better as the pitchers have to work and nothing comes easy so the good hitters can do the damage after the pitcher has had to work all day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
I'd like to see Ramirez get an AB.

Nah...I'd rather see him sit this one out. He's struggling so bad...if he gets an AB in this hit parade and looks like crap it may hurt him more than help by simply having an AB.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)

He had something like 20% of his fly balls last year hit for home runs, which was good for about 7th in baseball. He doesn't have the track record in the majors where you would project that to happen again this year. He also hit 5 "lucky" home runs last year. Those two things along with him coming off a wrist injury and it seems pretty reasonable to think that he wasn't going to hit 40 home runs if he stayed healthy all year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball...2k9_30qwhitesox

Edited by goblue5699

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
this should've been a 4 game sweep

Hawk will be talking about that for the remainder of the season as a measuring stick of how great this team is and quite possibly for years to come. He will talk about how they were one pitch away last year from sweeping them and instead lost 3 of 4 and shoudl have won 8 in a row.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Texas really does play weird.

Year after year, Texas fields an incredibly talented offensive team, due to their homefield conditions (turf-like grass, insane humidity, park dimensions)

I think the main reason why I get irritated at all the Hamilton hoopla is because people assume he's the better player (off him and Carlos), because he plays CF, whereas Carlos plays a 'decent' LF.

Hamilton 2008:

Away: .263 .331 .448 .779

Home: .345 .408 .611 1.019

lol

this should've been a 4 game sweep

Yeah, that pisses me off too.

What would Danks' record be if he had half the run support Gavin has received since 2008?

Why in the world is JO(ke) playing in CF with BA going to right?

QUOTE (goblue5699 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
He had something like 20% of his fly balls last year hit for home runs, which was good for about 7th in baseball. He doesn't have the track record in the majors where you would project that to happen again this year. He also hit 5 "lucky" home runs last year. Those two things along with him coming off a wrist injury and it seems pretty reasonable to think that he wasn't going to hit 40 home runs if he stayed healthy all year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball...2k9_30qwhitesox

Most of his major league numbers before 2008 were irrelevant because he'd been injured so much.

There is no such thing as a lucky home run. Over the fence is over the fence.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Prediction...Anderson HR here. Or not.

It would have been a homer at the "Little K" in Kansas City, though.

Little K? 387 in the alleys and 410 to center. Not very little.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
BA trailing .646 to Betemit's .669 OPS...Lillibridge almost up to 600.

Anderson is rocking an OBP over .400. I'm ok with it.