The Sox in the White House

wilmot825

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
According to Fox News Chicago, President Obama has invited the White Sox to the White House for a visit while they are in Baltimore. How about that!

I am like many whitesox fans my days seem better when there is a W on the south side. So if Obama feels the same about our sox then America and the world will be better if the sox keep winning. Go sox the world needs you to perform.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
The Bulls visited earlier this year so why not the Sox?

Again...I feel the same way about that...it is awesome that the President is a Chicago sports fan, but you didn't see Bush Jr inviting the Rangers, or Mavericks to the White House, or Billy boy inviting the Razorbacks....

Teams go to the White House when they win championships, not just because the president still gets gitty like a little schoolboy for his sports teams.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
The Bulls visited earlier this year so why not the Sox?

Well the Verizon Center is also like maybe a mile from the White House, whereas Baltimore is a good 45 minutes to an hour. Just saying.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
Well the Verizon Center is also like maybe a mile from the White House, whereas Baltimore is a good 45 minutes to an hour. Just saying.

Yeah on a day off I could see why they shouldn't drive 45 minutes to see the most famous Sox fan in the world.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Again...I feel the same way about that...it is awesome that the President is a Chicago sports fan, but you didn't see Bush Jr inviting the Rangers, or Mavericks to the White House, or Billy boy inviting the Razorbacks....

Teams go to the White House when they win championships, not just because the president still gets gitty like a little schoolboy for his sports teams.

The President might not even be there. I think some of the players wanted to go and the team set it up last week.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)

Perhaps a little more fiber in the diet would help out. This is way too trivial to get worked up about.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Perhaps a little more fiber in the diet would help out. This is way too trivial to get worked up about.

not getting worked up, just stating how i fell...

if its only a tour this thread should have never started....I herd the public gets to go on those too...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
I read that somewhere. Maybe a twitter post by cowley last night.

Yep: "Some of the Sox players and front office staff will take a tour of the White House on Monday's off day."

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
I still haven't been to Washington. Must do soon.

To Do List:

• Washington

It is fun to see D.C.. I have been there several times and there is alot of stuff there like it's historical or something