The Sox in the White House

wilmot825

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
I actually hate DC a lot and think it's really overrated, but I also live here so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It's fun to see all the stuff at first.

An ancestor of mine has paintings in the Smithsonian that I've wanted to see for a long time.

by the way, is K street an actual street?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
Yeah, E, F, G, H, I, J, K etc just like numbered streets in Chicago except they don't go across the whole city. There is a club called the K Street Lounge that I keep meaning to go to but never do.

You think the club has a lobby?

LOLOLOLOOLL I'm hilarious.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
Perhaps a little more fiber in the diet would help out. This is way too trivial to get worked up about.

Are you s***ting me? :lol:

If Obama just happens to catch them outside of the oval office...

Awww hell, come on in! 'Cuse me while I take this call from my homeboy Chavez - hey Ozzie, you want to habla to my new friend? :lolhitting

(and yes, this is completely a joke)

obamasox-thumb-500x333-6156.jpg

Link

The White House folks just sent along to the Chicago Sun-Times this briefing on the White Sox visit:

*The President greeted everyone individually before giving brief welcome remarks and taking a picture with the full team.

* White Sox player, Octavio Dotel asked the president for a hug instead of a handshake. Mr. Dotel said, Mr. President, can I have a hug? The President then gave him a hug. The team laughed and acknowledged Octavio is the team resident comedian.

*The President congratulated the White Sox on their season and encouraged them to continue winning so that he can invite them back to the White House as World Series Champions.

*The President took two group pictures: One of the President with players, their wives, and managers; the second picture was taken of just the President and White Sox players.

*The White Sox presented the President with a black White Sox team jersey. The team jersey has Obama and the number one written on the back of the jersey.

*Mr. (David) Axelrod was given a hat with the White Sox logo and the Obama logo on it.

*Prior to the meeting with the President, the White Sox were given a tour of the Grand Floor, The State Floor, and the West Wing Lobby of the White House. The team left through the East Wing.

It's just the angle of the picture.

I have a fear this will begin the curse of Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Either that, or nothing changes... OR we go undefeated for the whole year.

Also, Obama bowed down to Quentin and kissed his feet.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Also, Obama bowed down to Quentin and kissed his feet.

If Gates retires in a couple years, Obama should nominate Quentin to be Secretary of Defense. The Sox fan in him probably won't allow that though.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
If Gates retires in a couple years, Obama should nominate Quentin to be Secretary of Defense. The Sox fan in him probably won't allow that though.

Q is actually the Secretary of Awesomeness. Only a few high ranking CIA officials and Obama know about this, but I got connections.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)

obamasox-thumb-500x333-6156.jpg

Link

Why was Owens allowed to get so close to the president?

Surely "the curse" (of his ineptitude) will be passed on to Obama? I thought the Secret Service did better background checks? After he's released later this week, Obama can send him with George Mitchell to Evin Prison in Tehran to negotiate the release of Ms. Saberi, a former Miss North Dakota. There's something in the Constitution about no former Miss America or Miss USA pageant contestants being held in notorious prisons like Evin in North Tehran. Especially half Iranian, half Japanese ones.

Yes, Jermaine Dye is huge, he's a legit 6'5".

Would have been hilarious if Ozzie brought some tea bags just to mess with Obama...seems like something only he could get away with.

Edited by caulfield12