Spring of '09 television season thread

BigSqwert

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like "My Name Is Earl" so much when it sticks to what it does best, but these stupid episodes that stray completely off the plot and are so out there are why it will probably get cancelled. Dummies.

I re-watched the Scrubs finale. I originally missed the orderli saying "Hi, Tony." to the Janitor after he told JD his name. I assume he really isn't Glenn Mathews. Nice touch, Mr. Lawrence.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
I thought it was one of the funniest ive seen in awhile. This season has been great.

The dance-off was pretty classic. I couldn't tell if kelly was hitting on Andy or what is going to happen between those two.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
I re-watched the Scrubs finale. I originally missed the orderli saying "Hi, Tony." to the Janitor after he told JD his name. I assume he really isn't Glenn Mathews. Nice touch, Mr. Lawrence.

I also assumed I'm not the only one who noticed who the different janitor was during the very last scene.

QUOTE (3E8 @ May 7, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
Did anyone see The Office tonight? That episode felt really strange

I've felt that way about a lot of the episodes this season, some laughs here and there but after some of the episodes are done I end up sitting there asking "WTF just happened here?"

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I also assumed I'm not the only one who noticed who the different janitor was during the very last scene.

He was one of the janitors who appeared during the janitor arrival to work, and Neil Flynn's character had just lost the election for union president to the midget janitor. Im pretty sure he was the one who informed JD about the whole situation there.

Edit: Atleast I think that was him, could be wrong. Maybe Lawrence played that guy too, they looked really similar...

Double Edit: IMDB.com does not show taht Lawrence was that janitor in the earlier episode, so Im probably wrong...but damn they looked similar.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
Justin Timberlake is an amazing SNL host. Happy Mother Lover's Day.

Samburg is so creative and talented. He is not necessarily good at characters or impressions outside of Wahlberg, but he is good at those digital shorts.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 8, 2009 -> 04:08 AM)
What in the hell was that? It felt like a fan written episode or something. Very bizarre.

that was my thought, one of the strangest plots i've ever seen.

I jsut rewatched the last five minutes or so of the last Scrubs, and wow, it really was a great way to end it. That video of JD's possible future was so great, and like SnB said that song just fits there so well.

As much as I love that show, I really hope that was the end of it, no Scrubs interns or crap like that, or trying to have one or two original cast members on the show at a time. Let it go out with that fantastic ending.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
Stella is not the mother on HIMYM. I'm wondering what running into her has to do with him finding the mother though. I half expected him to bump into someone as he was getting out of her car.

Her husband was classic last night. I hope he is on for a few more episodes.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
I jsut rewatched the last five minutes or so of the last Scrubs, and wow, it really was a great way to end it. That video of JD's possible future was so great, and like SnB said that song just fits there so well.

I haven't had the guts to delete the episode off my DVR yet.