Spring of '09 television season thread

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Cali @ May 12, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
Easy solution to fix Heroes:

Fire Tim Kring, promote Bryan Fuller to Show Runner.

The 4th season would be a comeback season. Guaranteed.

Nah, i'd fire all the writers, but Fuller and Verehiden. Then promote Fuller and let him hire his own writing staff.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Nah, i'd fire all the writers, but Fuller and Verehiden. Then promote Fuller and let him hire his own writing staff.

As long as Fuller is running the show, I dont care who else writes it...

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 13, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Yes it was. That ending was just wow.

so maybe the scene with Peter's grave means that the Doc opened up a hole and grabbed the alternate universe Peter for his own.

At least that's what i think.....

Can't wait for second season of Fringe. Hope Fox treats it better than the first season. Doubt it but I hope.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
NCIS with another great episode. Season finale should be good next week.

I didn't realize people under the age of 50 watched NCIS :P

QUOTE (juddling @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)

so maybe the scene with Peter's grave means that the Doc opened up a hole and grabbed the alternate universe Peter for his own.

At least that's what i think.....

Can't wait for second season of Fringe. Hope Fox treats it better than the first season. Doubt it but I hope.

Yeah I think they made that kind of obvious with the title of the episode and the whole part of Peter not remembering the coin thing.

Though I had to think about after the episode because during it I was confused when I saw the grave.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
I didn't realize people under the age of 50 watched NCIS :P

Haha, I hadn't even heard of the show until Spring Break, when I was in NOLA and my trip adviser for alt spring break was watching it and I liked it. Then again, I kinda grew up watching Law and Order with my parents, so that could be an explanation.

Fringe:

In regards to Peter being dead, I actually thought he had died as a child from an earlier episode where Walter talked about how he had a sickness that only 1 Dr. had ever cured so that he created a machine so he could go back in time and consult him on how to heal Peter.

For some reason I got this strange feeling that Peter had actually died, but some how Walter had changed it. This episode explains the death, that his son died, but that the Peter in the other world was fine, so Walter created his machine so he could get Peter back.

I think that the idea that there are "2 of everything", will become more relevant as the series progresses. Maybe even to the point that there are more characters from "the other side".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 13, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Fringe:

In regards to Peter being dead, I actually thought he had died as a child from an earlier episode where Walter talked about how he had a sickness that only 1 Dr. had ever cured so that he created a machine so he could go back in time and consult him on how to heal Peter.

For some reason I got this strange feeling that Peter had actually died, but some how Walter had changed it. This episode explains the death, that his son died, but that the Peter in the other world was fine, so Walter created his machine so he could get Peter back.

I think that the idea that there are "2 of everything", will become more relevant as the series progresses. Maybe even to the point that there are more characters from "the other side".

I'm kind of thinking to get to the other side the "other you" has to be dead. For instance they said the truck driver died on impact, but maybe he just died because he cross over into a world where he existed so he immediately died. Also the almost car accident Olivia got in it's possible Bell/Sharp or whatever planned that so that Olivia would die in the other universe, so the Olivia we know could meet bell.

Also if you get a chance look at the headlines on the newspaper in Bell's office. Obama's move into NEW white house. Maybe on 911 the planes hit the old white house instead of the twin towers? "Former President Kennedy addresses the..." Apparently JFK didn't got shot in that universe. "Stock Markets remain closed" and "Celtics Sweep: Len Bias remains MVP" Though I don't know how Bias would be playing in 2009 if he got drafted in 1986.

Awesome episode though I can't wait until next year.

Im not sure that you have to necessarily die or be dead to cross over for 2 reasons.

1) Last episode implied Walter went across and came back. Now obviously perhaps the "Watcher" or some one else snatched Peter. There are still some unresolved issues about who those people are, or the boy/adult that was hyper sensitive to emotions and appeared to have lived hundreds of years secluded in a sewer. Perhaps they come from the other world.

2) I do not think that they are going to kill Olivia in the world where Peter and Walter reside this early in the show. I believe that Bell has perfected a way to transfer from one world to another, and he stays in the other world so that people can not find him. Thats why when Olivia was on the elevator she went through the "window", because I think Bell found a soft spot there and created a machine around it.

I also caught the newspaper headline about Obama (I didnt see the other ones) and at first thought maybe it was that world was under more distress (when Olivia looked into the world the last time or traveled between it the other world was on fire and appeared to be in a worse state) but when the camera panned out of Bell's office it turned out his office was in the Twin Towers. Thus my interpretation was that on 9/11 terrorists did not attack the Twin Towers. It could be that on 9/11 the White House was attacked instead, or that a completely different terrorist attack was planned. In the show "Sliders" people used to go between different versions of Earth.

I think that there is going to be some sort of reason why it is becoming important to be more connected to the other world

Overall I think its been a pretty good show and hate that I have to wait months for another episode.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this... but I watch Grey's Anatomy. I am married, and this by far is not the least manly program I watch.

Anyway, any of you other guys who watch it with your gals, you had to be shocked that it was George who was the one who got hit by the bus. I thought that episode was really good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this... but I watch Grey's Anatomy. I am married, and this by far is not the least manly program I watch.

Anyway, any of you other guys who watch it with your gals, you had to be shocked that it was George who was the one who got hit by the bus. I thought that episode was really good.

I had to watch it on DVR and my sister ruined for me, by texting me, saying "Last 5 minutes. OMG!" After they brought John Doe in, I figured it was probably George. Still a great finale.

They are still up in the air about bringing Heigl back so I can see how they left it open either way. The guy that plays Alex was great last night.

I HATE all the relationship stuff in the show, but anything medical, no matter how far fetched, I like.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
It's a shame so many people stopped watching Prison Break, as tonight's series finale was the best finale I've ever seen. I liked the Scrubs finale, but this one was a million times more memorable.

I thought it was really good as well. I don't blame people that stopped watching because the last two seasons weren't very good but at least the finale made keeping up with the show worth it.

It's a shame so many people stopped watching Prison Break, as tonight's series finale was the best finale I've ever seen. I liked the Scrubs finale, but this one was a million times more memorable.

I agree they wrapped things up perfectly. There is a DVD coming out in the summer, too.

I liked the Scrubs finale, but this one was a million times more memorable.

Finale??

It's been renewed... per EW. Weird, huh?

Scrubs, meanwhile, will return for a ninth season (Zach Braff will be back for six episodes)
Edited by Steve9347