Brent Lillibridge in CF?

WinningUgly85

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, I could see a scenario where he becomes BA's backup soon.

According to JPN, Nix just started a 3-day rehab assignment in Birmingham.

If he's ready to come back, I could picture Nix taking Owen's spot on the roster... which would probably result in Lilli getting time in CF.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)

If he's ready to come back, I could picture Nix taking Owen's spot on the roster... which would probably result in Lilli getting time in CF.

I bet you could.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)

sounds about right

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Why? Given Anderson's results so far, why change again this quick? And why put a guy out there likely to hit even less, and provide no better defense?

Because he's adorable! He's so small!

If we do bring up Nix, where/how is he going to play at all?

He'll be behind Betemit on the PH list...and Nix can't play any other positions on the field besides 2B.

We're not thinking of benching Ramirez or sending him to Charlotte, and Getz can't play SS more than "adequately," so I'm not sure how he (Nix) fits.

If he sits on the bench like Betemit, his hitting won't be much of a weapon at all, because he has missed so many ST at-bats and now he'll just be playing his first games in a month...

If Nix is asked to play shortstop, it would be like 5-10 games, and if he's outstanding defensively at 2B, I'm sure he can play an adequate SS. Worst case scenario, Lillibridge can play SS in a second too.

The organization obviously likes Nix to the point where they signed him to a major league contract, so they see something in him. Keeping him on the bench to potentially win a job or play some backup infield isn't the worst thing in the world. Even if he ends up worse than Owens, it's still better to give someone else a shot rather than to keep going with the same recycled bad player over and over again.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Do you hear that in the distance Brian? Yes, it's Lillibridge and his little footsteps of doom, he's comin for you. So you better keep on playing well Brian, or you will find yourself trampled with Brent's footprints making a path on your back. You have been warned.

I take it Brian Anderson threw a pet rock of yours into a river once upon a time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
If we do bring up Nix, where/how is he going to play at all?

He'll be behind Betemit on the PH list...and Nix can't play any other positions on the field besides 2B.

Nix starting at SS tonight for Birmingham

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
I take it Brian Anderson threw a pet rock of yours into a river once upon a time.

Come one fanboy, everyone knows neither of us are objective when it comes to Mr. Anderson. To make amends I invite Brian over, he can doink my cousin.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Come one fanboy, everyone knows neither of us are objective when it comes to Mr. Anderson. To make amends I invite Brian over, he can doink my cousin.

It's not my fault that Brian Anderson is a 40 homer player sitting on the bench!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
It's not my fault that Brian Anderson is a 40 homer player sitting on the bench!

haha, well played.

If Brian accepts the invite, maybe I'll make it an offical event for all the fanboys. Charge admission and donate the proceeds to White Sox charities. Instead of debating Brians defensive skills, ya'll could debate his real "skills". Think about, could be glorious.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
haha, well played.

If Brian accepts the invite, maybe I'll make it an offical event for all the fanboys. Charge admission and donate the proceeds to White Sox charities. Instead of debating Brians defensive skills, ya'll could debate his real "skills". Think about, could be glorious.

You know I'd be down for that. That would be something on the bucket list that would be crossed off.

So, just so I've gotten the right panic tracking down (yes I will continue to make fun of this until my turn to eat crow arrives), first it was Owens who was going to take this spot away from Brian, then Pods, now Lillibridge? K, got it.