Western Illinois University

DaTank

I recently took the ACT so I got down to thinking where I might want to go to college. WIU popped into my mind, since my sister graduated from there. I'm really just looking for basic information (personal experiences, positives and negatives about the school, etc.) from people who have attended WIU. Thanks in advance.

Of the select students from my senior class, excluding junior college, it seemed the highest % of my class went there, and the few I talked to did not speak positively of it.

My brother transferred there and is finishing up this semester (on an internship away from campus) and absolutely hates it. He never wants to return, even for commencement. Too boring of a town.

My sister graduated from there a few years back and I visited it many times. It's a relatively boring town in the middle of corn fields. She loved it there and said it was the time of here life. From what I remember, it's a relatively old campus and the dorms are pretty tall buildings, but everything was pretty close by. The food around is pretty good too. They have a KFC Buffet! And Red Ox (if it's still there) was awesome.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)
What are you interested in majoring in?

Sorry, haven't checked the thread in a few days. At the moment, I'm thinking about majoring in marketing or perhaps something else business related.

Jenks45monster,

From my experience, I would reccommend that you visit the program and get a lot of different opinions from different students. I looked at NIU, EIU and UIC. I wasn't pleased with a lot of them, but at the time, EIU had things to offer to me. WIU I hear is a party school and is out in the country. If that appeals to you, go for it! I know that any school will be considered a place for partying, but be sure there's other things to do if you aren't big into drinking. I'm in my second year of college, and I do not know what to study. I'm leaning heavily towards business and am actually going to go to the College of DuPage for a semester before I look into universities, such as Western Michigan University, Northern Illinois University, or St. Ambrose. I've considered Illinois State University, but we will have to see what I think before I make any decisions. I've had mixed reviews about WIU from someone who failed out and from someone who graduated and teaches business courses at my high school.

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
Sorry, haven't checked the thread in a few days. At the moment, I'm thinking about majoring in marketing or perhaps something else business related.

Illinois State has a very good business school.