Dine n' Ditch... I just did it?!?!

Steve9347

Dine n Ditch  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever dine n ditched!?!?!?!?!

• Yes
    • No
    • If I did I was too drunk.

So seriously.

I just drank a lot of booze and ate some wings at BWW's... Bulls/Hawks both lost, f*** me.

Anyway, for the first time ever, I let someone talk me into dining and ditching. I feel like s***. So anyway... who else has?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never dined and ditched, but I did forget to leave a tip once at a Mexican restaurant b/c I paid with a gift card and wasn't even thinking. I felt so awful about that, especially b/c my summer job is based on making tips.

Never have.

Once I dined, then went to pay and realized the $20.00 bill I thought I had in my wallet was actually a single. I told the guy I'd be back in 20 minutes. He seemed surprised to see me when I went back and paid. For a second I thought about not going back, but it was one of my favorite taco stands.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 06:53 AM)
LOL Steve, thats hilarious. What reasoning was used to talk you into it?

I was drunk, he at the last second said he didn't want to pay and took off... I, in kind, took off not wanting to pick up the entire thing. Unforunatly/Fortunately I'm going back to pay today, because I feel like a total jerk.

I was out a couple nights ago and some friends wanted to ditch because we sat there forever waiting for the damn bill. But I happen to like that place and I think the waitress was new, so we waited it out, cuz I'd never be able to show my face in there again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
I was drunk, he at the last second said he didn't want to pay and took off... I, in kind, took off not wanting to pick up the entire thing. Unforunatly/Fortunately I'm going back to pay today, because I feel like a total jerk.

Is your buddy going to split the bill with you, or is he content in his jackassedness?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:00 AM)
After sleeping it off, and thinking myself a complete assclown, I am going back to pay the tab today.

Solid move. The waitstaff are actually responsible for the bills at most places, so you most likely were taking money out of their pockets instead of the restaurant.

Not dine and ditch, but fill and ditch.

I put my debit card into the gas pump and wasn't really paying attention. The pump clicked off at $20. I thought that was weird, reentered my card and finished filling up. Of course the machine would not print a receipt and I had to go inside. So as I enter, I hear this twenty-something b**** tell the clerk, "I don't want to be rude but . . ." and she goes off on the clerk wondering why she had not put the $20 on here pump yet. She kept screaming that's my van right fucxking there you f***ing no brain clerk. Now all three clerks are standing there like idiots with a dear in the headlight look. The main clerk is arguing with the customer, claiming the customer's friend who paid for the gas *and* rolling papers said pump 5 NOT pump 9. The crazy b**** customer was tossing out every racial slur she could think of and I decided to not jump in to solve the problem by paying the $20.

I asked for the receipt for pump 5, they looked at me and I said, hey, I didn't see who filled up in front of me. It may have been a van, I can't be certain. Which technically was true. I didn't see who pulled out in front of me.

Never did a dine and ditch but I've got some interesting stories anyway.

Me and 7 of my friends went into a Denny's and all ordered water. One person ordered coffee. After about 20 minutes we were "politely" asked to leave. Paid with a $20 bill.

Another time I went with a small group of friends after a night of drinking. They were toasted and I was completely sober. When the bill comes one of the guys pulls out his Discover and says that he'll take care of the bill. The next day he finds the receipt, calls up one of the other guys that was there and ask "Why do I have a reciept from Denny's for $60 in my wallet?"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
The wrong has been righted.

No wonder we thought it a passable idea at the time, seeing as we each drank the equivolent of 12 beers in the span of the Blackhawks game.

I'll never do that again.

That's awesome of you to fix that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
The wrong has been righted.

No wonder we thought it a passable idea at the time, seeing as we each drank the equivolent of 12 beers in the span of the Blackhawks game.

I'll never do that again.

Awesome... were they glad you came back?

Once in college about 8 of us went to Denny's after a long night of drinking. We all got seperate checks. On the way out, we stopped to pay, the guy came by, took the first person's and rang him up, then left. We all stood there for 5 more minutes, nobody came to ring the rest of us up, so we left. We also got a new neckname out of the night for one of our group. He ordered a corn muffin, and the waiter messed up the order(he messed up all but 1 of the orders), so all night he kept b****ing about not getting a corn muffin. For the next 2 years he was called corn muffin.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Yeah, I half-expected them to call the cops right there, but they were cool about it. I still feel like an assbag, but less of one now.

Did you leave a nice tip?