Sox @ Orioles, 6:05, CSN

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
Do you really expect him to be sharp right now? He was out for 6 months then had less than half of spring training. He'll be fine as long as he stays healthy. He's having control problems.

Looking at the teams he's going to be facing, how long do you give him to get into a groove? The thing is, it's probably a mute argument, as I can't see KW or Ozzie ever pulling him rotation unless he's hurt.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
So I was going to go to this game but because my wife has other arrangements she made recently, I have to stick around so I can pick up my stepdaughter from her basketball game.

The real question is, should I divorce my wife for hindering my ability to attend a Sox game?

I won't divorce her, she saved me from having to watch this Jose start.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 03:30 AM)
I won't divorce her, she saved me from having to watch this Jose start.

On the bright side, tonight made me realize how enjoyable it is to watch our other 4 starters. They work fast, have good poise, and almost always give us a chance to win. Should be a very consistent season for us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Looking at the teams he's going to be facing, how long do you give him to get into a groove? The thing is, it's probably a mute argument, as I can't see KW or Ozzie ever pulling him rotation unless he's hurt.

How many innings did he pitch during spring training? Considering he didn't throw off a mound until a little while before that and had not pitched since August, he's not going to be in mid season form. Maybe they should move him to the bullpen until he gets sharp, or maybe he gets his act together soon. I really don't know. All I know is its pretty unrealistic to thing he would be real sharp right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)
How many innings did he pitch during spring training? Considering he didn't throw off a mound until a little while before that and had not pitched since August, he's not going to be in mid season form. Maybe they should move him to the bullpen until he gets sharp, or maybe he gets his act together soon. I really don't know. All I know is its pretty unrealistic to thing he would be real sharp right now.

Good stuff DA

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
horrible decision to pitch to him....almost as bad as when we pitched to miguel cabrera with a base open last year

I think we pitched to Vlad too in a similar situation.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
horrible decision to pitch to him....almost as bad as when we pitched to miguel cabrera with a base open last year

When you're already losing, there's honestly no reason to pitch to him in that situation. Oh well, time to see what Clayton can do.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
never ceases to amaze why a manager leaves a pitcher in to suffer. wtf? that is 1 game that goes in the what if category for the end of the year.

Gotta love how he induced the DP on the next batter, too.