Mike MacDougal DFA'd

Dick Allen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
I'm sure he'll be picked up by someone else due to his talent, but unless his head takes a complete 180 it will be another team that he teases

He'll easily clear waivers, whether the Sox want to bother sending him back to Charlotte or not is another matter. I would imagine they have had enough and the Mike MacDougal era with the White Sox is ova.(Although you would wonder why they would DFA him instead of just releasing him if that were the case unless maybe they think they can throw him into a potential trade to offset costs) Its too bad because he has a ton of talent. Some guys just can't be fixed.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
He'll easily clear waivers, whether the Sox want to bother sending him back to Charlotte or not is another matter. I would imagine they have had enough and the Mike MacDougal era with the White Sox is ova.(Although you would wonder why they would DFA him instead of just releasing him if that were the case unless maybe they think they can throw him into a potential trade to offset costs) Its too bad because he has a ton of talent. Some guys just can't be fixed.

Perhaps they're hoping a desperate team such as the Nationals will take a chance on him getting his s*** together for a couple months in a new environment, I doubt it'll happen but I suppose it's worth a s*** given the $3M hit they'll take if he's released.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
Egbert really seemed to make an impression this spring. You really didnt hear his name at all, despite his numbers, and now he is the first call up. Hopefully he can do a solid job in the middle and as a long man.

Just keep the ball down and throw strikes that's all I ask.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Heads must be thrilled.

Anyone have better confirmation than MLBTR yet that they can link here? Before I pin it?

I already pinned it. It's being reported by the Score and just so everyone knows: MLBTR is not a f***ing source.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Here's photographic evidence of MacDougal leaving town.

new-web-hobo.jpg

That only downside to this move is that I can no longer yell "MAC-DOUGAL!" in a thick Scottish accent when he trots in from the 'pen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Makes sense to me. We all know MacDougal can never get to where he is aiming... of course he missed the train.

:lolhitting