Bulls To Let Ben Gordon Go?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
he's a sub par shooter,

Not really true. He has some crazy range, he just needs to work on his shot selection. And he can still create as good as anyone in the draft. I figure with how bad this draft is, we're undoubtedly going to get a flawed with the 16th pick. Tyreke I do believe is the way to go. He's a mega talent that fits a need. He just needs to become a lot smarter player.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Not really true. He has some crazy range, he just needs to work on his shot selection. And he can still create as good as anyone in the draft. I figure with how bad this draft is, we're undoubtedly going to get a flawed with the 16th pick. Tyreke I do believe is the way to go. He's a mega talent that fits a need. He just needs to become a lot smarter player.

It's more than just shot selection, his form is bad. He's often off-balance and is usually fading away. He only converted 25% of his jumpshots and 27% from the arc, that strongly suggests that it's more than just shot selection.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
It's more than just shot selection, his form is bad. He's often off-balance and is usually fading away. He only converted 25% of his jumpshots and 27% from the arc, that strongly suggests that it's more than just shot selection.

I can read his draftexpress profile too. ;)

But that all still goes with his decision making. If he's off-balance and fading away he does not need to be taking the shot. Kid was maybe the best shooter of his class and the term "NBA range" was synonymous with him by the time he was a junior in high school. He had some growing pains of course playing against top level competition as a freshman, but he'll figure it out eventually. Not to infer it'll be any easier in the NBA, but we can afford to wait around with this pick, as I don't see the Bulls doing too much next year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
I can read his draftexpress profile too. ;)

But that all still goes with his decision making. If he's off-balance and fading away he does not need to be taking the shot. Kid was maybe the best shooter of his class and the term "NBA range" was synonymous with him by the time he was a junior in high school. He had some growing pains of course playing against top level competition as a freshman, but he'll figure it out eventually. Not to infer it'll be any easier in the NBA, but we can afford to wait around with this pick, as I don't see the Bulls doing too much next year.

It's really not decision making, he fades on virtually every shot, even if he's wide open. Check out the highlight tapes some time, he's been doing it for quite some time. It doesn't really matter how much range he has if he's going to convert at that kind of rate.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 5, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
It's really not decision making, he fades on virtually every shot, even if he's wide open. Check out the highlight tapes some time, he's been doing it for quite some time. It doesn't really matter how much range he has if he's going to convert at that kind of rate.

Agreed. It's not just his shot selection that's bad, it's his form. And he struggles mightily off the ball. For people who want Rose to handle the ball 24/7, Tyreke is the worst possible pick the Bulls could make. In fact, on NBAdraft.net, his comparisons are Jamal Crawford and DeShawn Stevenson.

QUOTE (Ron @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
The 2000 NBA Draft was much worse, IMHO.

Good to have someone else on the T-Will bandwagon.

That draft will probably be worse than this one, but the reason I made the point I did is that draft had players with potential in it who simply busted. I believe this years draft will be ALMOST as bad as 2000, and unlike 2000, this draft has almost nobody with major NBA potential in it IMO.

As for Evans, I don't think he has the ball handling skills to be an above average 1, and I don't think he has the shooting skills to be an above average 2. I think he could, with some work, be an average combo guard who defends above average due to his size. Almost like a taller Kirk Hinrich.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
That draft will probably be worse than this one, but the reason I made the point I did is that draft had players with potential in it who simply busted. I believe this years draft will be ALMOST as bad as 2000, and unlike 2000, this draft has almost nobody with major NBA potential in it IMO.

Agreed. For example, guys like Marcus Fizer and Kenyon Martin were thought to be stud players as well at Darius Miles. Stromile Swift was supposed to be what Dwight Howard is. DeMar Johnson had all-star SG potential. They busted, however, for their own reasons.

This draft, there is Griffin who people expect to be a solid guy and a possible all-star and the same goes with Rubio. After that, no one is expected to do much which means, they'll perform under expectations as a whole and be even worse.