MLB Power Rankings...cbssports, Sox climbing

caulfield12

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11656910

Although they might be back to sinking if they lose 2/3 to the Birds...hope this isn't our "high point" of the season.

Also, didn't realize Kip Wells was back in baseball with the Nationals of all teams.

BTW, you're acting like Cowley. Stop trying so hard and deliberately to be funny Dobrow, it only works 10% of the time when it's forced.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 08:03 AM)
BTW, you're acting like Cowley. Stop trying so hard and deliberately to be funny Dobrow, it only works 10% of the time when it's forced.

Dude, Dobrow's awesome.

Warning readers about his own ranking methods: "they take into account the seething hatred I have for your team, whoever it might be, because I'm dumb and I have a hidden political agenda and I live on the East Coast so I go to bed before its games are done. "

Edited by Princess Dye

Why exactly do people pay attention to power rankings? Some dude arbitrarily ranks the best teams in baseball through 2 weeks worth of games and this is supposed to be somehow relevant? Someone explain this to me. I mean, the OP doesn't even like the writing style of the author so it can't be for the witty analysis.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Why exactly do people pay attention to power rankings? Some dude arbitrarily ranks the best teams in baseball through 2 weeks worth of games and this is supposed to be somehow relevant? Someone explain this to me. I mean, the OP doesn't even like the writing style of the author so it can't be for the witty analysis.

Might be because this is a baseball message board and stuff about baseball is discussed or something...

Same reason we (or most sports fans) enjoy following college basketball or football rankings throughout the year.

This guy is probably more "objective" than Phil Rogers is, so it's always interesting to see how people outside of Chicago perceive the Sox and the other teams within our division.