Félix Pérez in trouble, Noel Argüelles may end in the AL East

Cubano

What are the scouts saying about Pérez?

"He had a developed body, with some stiffness," said one international scouting director (about) Pérez, echoing the thoughts of others. "I never saw the speed that he is supposed to have in his swing and was a bit harsh. I saw him with no ability within the range in which we speak."

Cubano, can you explain that quote to me?

I guess he has developed his body already and the scout does not like his swing. His swing is not very smooth.

I have an old video from the 46th Cuban Season between Isla vs Industriales. I have a few defectors there. Yadel Marti, Israel Soto, Felix Perez, Luis Fonseca, veteran Juan Carlos Moreno. Perez seems to have a decent arm. I was not impress with his body. I found suspicious some leveled him a 5 tool player.

My ranking among free agents would be like this more or less. This is base on the following criteria: age and talent, stats in that order. The younger you are with some talent, the highest my ranking. The most accomplished on these group are Marti, Gomez and Suarez. Suarez needs to regain his fastball speed. The closest to the Majors would be Marti if healthy and Jose Julio. Gomez will hit for average but many in the minors could do that too.

1. Noel Arguelles

2. Jose Julio Ruiz

3. Israel Soto

4. Juan Serrano

5. Jose Iglesias

5. Yadel Marti

6. Yasser Gomez

7. Luis Fonseca

8. Deynis Suarez

9. Reinier Roll

10. Felix Perez

Edited by Cubano

I know this is a White Sox forum, but I do not know why the Nats are not showing any interest. They should be taking a look at some of these guys. They are cheap for the most part and the Nats are horrible.

Well, I can't speak for the Nationals, but I think things are probably a little bit unsettled there with all the Bowden/Rijo fallout.

I know they gave Zimmerman that huge contract, but the Perez situation now seems to have unsettled the teams dealing with Jamie Torres. One would have to assume that Marti would sign with SOMEONE once he's been cleared by MLB and the State Department.

Have you been following Viciedo? What is your theory as to his early season struggles with BIRM? Have you heard anything?

Ruiz is a 1B/DH type? Kendry Morales hasn't exactly been on fire this April, and Alexei finally MIGHT have shown some signs of breaking out of his 5/40 start.

Some cubans started well others pretty bad. Viciedo has an K/AB ratio of 4.27. Many Barons players are not doing as well now as a few days ago. I am sure Magallanes will give Viciedo a day off to regroup. As long as he can hit the fast ball, I do not worry about him. He needs to start pulling the ball to to increase his power numbers. It is nice to hit to the opposing field, but also he needs to pull the ball. He has not made any more errors.

Kendry unlike Alexei is a patient hitter. He usually takes 2 pitches before swinging. He has been behind the counts unlike ST where he found himself ahead. I think he will be alright.

Jose Julio Ruiz played some LF this season. He is a good fielder in 1B. His face reminds me Big Papi.

Edited by Cubano

Speaking of Kendry, I saw a very good at bat just now vs Verlander. Two breaking balls for ball. Two swinging fastballs 95-96 MPH for strike. Five more pitches until Kendry homered to right with 2 on.