All Star Ballots are now up - mlb.com

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
This is so stupid. There shouldnt be voting 15 games into the season

Predictions:

C - Posada

1B - Teixera

2B - Pedroia

3B - ARod

SS- Jeter

OF - IchiroOF - Vlad

OF - Swisher (Yankee fans seem to be enthralled with him right now)

sadly, those are literally a given lol

QUOTE (Cubano @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
The slow start for the Missile will cost him a chance to be at least in the fight to be an all star.

Alexei would have to be hitting about .550 at the AS Break to have a legit shot. He's up against the legendary Yankee captain at that position. The best he could possibly hope for is 2nd. Jeter would have to be sucking and every single press report would have to lead off with how good the guy in 2nd place is doing for Jeter to lose that vote.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
This is so stupid. There shouldnt be voting 15 games into the season

Predictions:

C - Posada

1B - Teixera

2B - Pedroia

3B - ARod

SS- Jeter

OF - Ichiro

OF - Vlad

OF - Swisher (Yankee fans seem to be enthralled with him right now)

Doubt Guerrero will make it this year...unless the Angels' attendance can carry him over. It doesn't help much that he's injured now. Someone like Matsui or Damon could just as easily get in, just because of the Yankees'/Bristol bias.

Swisher is almost down to .300 now, although still looking much better than Ryan Sweeney's 600 OPS.

There's no way Rays fans can carry Longoria over A-Rod...although hopefully the rest of the country will do the right thing and be more knowledgeable about the fact that A-Rod hasn't even played yet.

Seems like Quentin and Danks will be our two representatives.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Alexei would have to be hitting about .550 at the AS Break to have a legit shot. He's up against the legendary Yankee captain at that position. The best he could possibly hope for is 2nd. Jeter would have to be sucking and every single press report would have to lead off with how good the guy in 2nd place is doing for Jeter to lose that vote.

That is true. The legendary captain has been handed some awards he did not deserve. I give Jeter that he plays hard and he conducts himself very well. Other than that, he is an slighty above average player in my view.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
That is true. The legendary captain has been handed some awards he did not deserve. I give Jeter that he plays hard and he conducts himself very well. Other than that, he is an slighty above average player in my view.

i.e. every single gold glove he's ever been gifted

We need to get Quentin in as a starter.

We have flexed our voting prowess by getting aj and pods added to the all star team in the past. Chicago got 3 starters in the NHL all star game this year.

Everybody needs to step up and vote Q into the all-star game starting line-up.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
We need to get Quentin in as a starter.

We have flexed our voting prowess by getting aj and pods added to the all star team in the past. Chicago got 3 starters in the NHL all star game this year.

Everybody needs to step up and vote Q into the all-star game starting line-up.

While that is true, the big difference is Chicago only has one hockey team. Remember how Fukudome made the STARTING team last year?? As pathetic as that was, we all know that the Sox don't have as strong of a following, so getting TCQ into the starting lineup will also heavily rely upon fans voting outside of Chicago.

I'm not participating in the annual "send the Red Sox and Yankees to the All-Star Game" event this year, quit for good last year when I saw Jerry Owens on the ballot in April (like I'm sure Wise is right now even though I haven't looked).

I hate all-star voting period. If you're going to make the game mean something, don't let stupid fans be biased and choose nothing but players on their own damn team. Did Fukudome really deserve an ASG start last year? Did Jeter? Did Ichiro? At least fans don't get to pick the pitchers. That would be even worse.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:12 AM)
While that is true, the big difference is Chicago only has one hockey team. Remember how Fukudome made the STARTING team last year?? As pathetic as that was, we all know that the Sox don't have as strong of a following, so getting TCQ into the starting lineup will also heavily rely upon fans voting outside of Chicago.

Maybe we should start the TCQ is God campaign. Slogan should be: Do it or it's blasphemy.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
I wonder how many years it will be before the Sox have an All-Star starter again? When was the last time '97? I know it was Frank...

I don't know about position players, but I think Loaiza and Buehrle each started one year.