All Star Ballots are now up - mlb.com

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
Getz and Quentin should be starting but oh well.

As long as Q gets in, I'm fine with it.

I know 3 weeks into the season is why too early to start the debate, but I think a guy named Ian Kinsler deserves that title right now. Dude's hitting the cover off the ball right now.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
I know 3 weeks into the season is why too early to start the debate, but I think a guy named Ian Kinsler deserves that title right now. Dude's hitting the cover off the ball right now.

Not to mention Brian Roberts, Aaron Hill and Robinson Cano.

agree, I just about "call uncle" to the ESPN-machine located between NYC and BOS

Their endless propoganda push for the teams from these two cities has made events like this too big of a mountain to climb every year, and I'm just too busy to stay online hitting "vote again" thousands of times to hope, just maybe, we can get one player on the roster, and as a sub at that....punch AJ was cool, Dye should have been in last year no questions asked, overall the effort reqd to just get close is over the top....

with basically one national sports network, whose sunday night baseball, monday night baseball, wednesday night baseball, baseball tonight, sportscenter, and commercials are relentlessly pimping pedroia, papi, formerly manny, pappelbon, jeter, arod, clemens, pettite, name your met player, KG, pierce, allen......fans from other teams just cannot win.

couple that with having this voting basically before the g-damn season has even started, the msg is clear: "the roster has already been defined by 'the system', just need millions of people viewing the online advertisements, uh, I mean 'voting' "

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
MLB network is changing things. It's not all about ESPN anymore. They aren't remotely as biased with the Yanks and Red Sox.

You know a couple weeks ago I added a thread called "Kudos to MLBTV", as it was just being offered by my cable provider, and I was ecstatic about the balanced coverage of the teams. But i have to say since then, in watching their nightly recap, "MLB Rountripper" I'm seeing the same pattern, open the show with almost exclusively AL East content, move to NL East, dance around to some live games, and get in what they can on the other divisions/teams.

I also check MLBTV on my cellphone daily for score updates, and the small screen view (before expanding) ALWAYS shows NYY, BOS, NYM, scores ahead of all other teams.....I do believe that the dramatization of the AL/NL East sagas over the years has created an unstoppable monster where kids are dissing their local teams in favor of what they see/hear constantly, which in turn has generated the kind of revenue those teams need to keep themselves in a perpetual state of high priced, high quality athlete rosters, that by default are competititve....