Should KW take a flyer on an old nemesis?

knightni

Could it be any worse than the scrubs we have in the 4 and 5 hole? God love Jose for coming back so quickly, but what's the point if you're garbage? And Colon, after being very good in the first game, has been pathetic since. We can't win a weak AL Central with these clods in the rotation.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
Could it be any worse than the scrubs we have in the 4 and 5 hole? God love Jose for coming back so quickly, but what's the point if you're garbage? And Colon, after being very good in the first game, has been pathetic since. We can't win a weak AL Central with these clods in the rotation.

News Flash Mr. Wolf, the AL Central is not weak.

If anything, it is one of the deepest divisions.

While I'm not of the mind set to panic and think colon/contreras need to be replaced immediately, if they continue to struggle want would people think of pedro. again im not supporting the signing persay, just thought i would see what people thought.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Colon will be fine. Send Contreras down for about 2-3 starts to let him get back into form. Bring up Poreda for those 2-3 starts to get his feet wet. Pretty much just repeat the El-Duque/ McCarthy '05 situation.

We'd have to make up an injury for the guy, so he can "rehab" in Charlotte, but i'm all for calling up Poreda to see what he can bring to the table/

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
We'd have to make up an injury for the guy, so he can "rehab" in Charlotte, but i'm all for calling up Poreda to see what he can bring to the table/

Poreda's last start:

11 K's in 7 scoreless innings

I know its only one start but you know it has to be on Ozzie and KW's mind......

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)

Contreras has an option remaining. He has 5+ years of service so he'd have to agree to it but it is possible that Jose could be sent to the minors sometime this year.