SOX v. Blue Jays 4/24, 7:11 PM, CSN+

MHizzle85

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
Judging anything in the AL based on last year is a big mistake. The depth in the AL is so much better, as the teams that sucked last year have a lot of young players that seem to be coming into their own. You look around the AL, and there's no teams that you sit back and wait for them to come up on your calendar.

Well, you should win 2/3 at Baltimore with Bergesen and Eaton on the mound and without Jones and Mora in the line-up for some or most of those games.

Of course, you don't expect to take 3/4 in the Tropicana Dome, either.

The only team you really want to see right now is the Angels. The Indians are as dangerous as any team five games under .500 in either league.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2OutRally @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
I feel bad my sister is at this game, witnessing this disaster in person.

Yeah I also have a friend at the game, and I was just telling her how awful it was going yesterday. Now she feels my pain.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:41 AM)
ugh, I can't believe how bad the Sox are getting beat. This is miserable.

I actually turned on the Cubs game to get a little enjoyment out of seeing them lose. Is that bad of me?

Hell no...that game salvaged the baseball night at least.

Oh, and Greinke with another no earned run performance.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Hell no...that game salvaged the baseball night at least.

Oh, and Greinke with another no earned run performance.

I got Greinke in one of my fantasy baseball teams, I was very pleased with his performance. :)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:04 AM)
If the White Sox Cubans were a stock index, it would be approaching 0. Contreras, Ramirez and Viciedo have all been awful. Even Cubano is making himself scarce. I wonder if anyone will care that KW's Cuban pipeline is drying up.

Let's just hope they're all slow starters due to the colder weather. Viciedo has been really bad in AA.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Let's just hope they're all slow starters due to the colder weather. Viciedo has been really bad in AA.

Viciedo you had to figure would start out slow. Too many adjustments and he's only 20, but I don't think anyone thought it would be this slow. Contreras has struggled with command and LH batters. I think he can get out of it, but who knows at his age. Alexei is just messed up. In the field tonight he just couldn't hold on to the ball. Of course a couple of those plays would have been very nice, but they are plays that Uribe and Cabrera made the past several seasons and KW put Alexei's glove at GG level.

Sheesh, I was just watching some replays on the Sox Post-game show after the game, and I felt like I was watching some clips from that movie, "Major League".

First you had Alexei with all his errors that looked like something out of a comedy movie, then you had "Wild Thing" Gavin Vaughn and all his wild pitches.

:lolhitting

This team has looked flat awful the last couple nights and three of the last four. I was hoping the impressive showing in Tampa was the beginning of a pretty solid run. Not sure what to make of Gavin right now. He's been great, awful, great, awful. And I'm so sick of this offense getting cut up by mediocre pitchers.