WTF?

Queen Prawn

I just got into work and saw that they started the game at 10PM (or so). Why the hell didn't they just schedule a double-header for either Saturday or Sunday? Sorry if this was previously discussed, but if it was I missed it. :huh:

everyone was already at the park (including the concession people, etc.) so they were getting paid anyway and the rain ended and they got the game in - doubleheards run into lots of overtime and less sales as no one stays for a full double headers

everyone was already at the park (including the concession people, etc.) so they were getting paid anyway and the rain ended and they got the game in - doubleheards run into lots of overtime and less sales as no one stays for a full double headers

Hey I do! 6 hours of baseball? That is a dream come true!

I'm glad they are going to issue "make up" tickets. Like I need to attend one more game.. and I probably wont take them, but it's nice that they offered.

It's not like they are giving up tickets that someone would be using anyhow, they'll be lucky to fill half of the Cell with the way this team is playing.

What really sucked about the start of the game was how JM screwed it up. Colon warmed up 3 times, and sat through 3 hours of delays. After his second warm-up and delay, he should have switched pitchers. His whole staff is rested, and Colon could have pitched today, most likely with better results. I know people will say the Detroit pitcher went through the same thing, but he is finesse while Colon is a power pitcher.

It's not like they are giving up tickets that someone would be using anyhow, they'll be lucky to fill half of the Cell with the way this team is playing.

I could care less about what everyone else does. We go.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm glad they are going to issue "make up" tickets. Like I need to attend one more game.. and I probably wont take them, but it's nice that they offered.

you left ?????? we stayed for the whole thing......what bothered me alot is those who stayed tried to seat hop and the ushers still gave them s*** about it sending them back to their regular seats... there was 17,069 people who started out at the park and about a few hundred (maybe a 1000) left when the game began....why hastle anyone by then????

you left ?????? we stayed for the whole thing......what bothered me alot is  those who stayed tried to seat hop and the ushers still gave them s*** about it sending them back to their regular seats... there was 17,069 people who started out at the park and about a few hundred (maybe a 1000) left when the game began....why hastle anyone by then????

I sent you a PM...

Had to leave. Had to be at work by 7 this morning. After they put the tarp back on for the 51st time we bailed. Rained the entire way home, the pool was filled to the brim. I never thought they would play.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I sent you a PM...

Had to leave. Had to be at work by 7 this morning. After they put the tarp back on for the 51st time we bailed. Rained the entire way home, the pool was filled to the brim. I never thought they would play.

yeah it was a long nite, free beer and food though made it worth while.... i just got up as matter of fact and on my second cup of coffee lol.....ill check the pm....we didnt have hardly any rain out this way i guess it all stayed south........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Too bad they did..... at least for about 4 or 5 of the latter innings. They were sleep-walking through the first half of the game.

speaking of sleeping you should have seen sandy alomar sitting in the bull pen up top.. he was snoozin away as he leaned on the railing sittin in his chair.. .....lol.......

Guest hotsoxchick1
I thought that was nice of the Sox, considering the game was still played.

lol yea it was awefully nice of them to dish out the already paid for by the state tickets in the nose bleed sections.....lol.ya think they would have dished them out if it were costing jr any money???not........ ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly, they were tickets they weren't going to sell anyway. This way they'll be able to get your money from concessions and parking.

No parking from me. They are allowing me to use my pass from last night, too.

you left ?????? we stayed for the whole thing......what bothered me alot is  those who stayed tried to seat hop and the ushers still gave them s*** about it sending them back to their regular seats... there was 17,069 people who started out at the park and about a few hundred (maybe a 1000) left when the game began....why hastle anyone by then????

That happens all the time, pisses me off. I was at the 16 inning cubs/marlins game last year and they would not let you move into the box seats, when there were only like 2,000 people left. People have no idea how to deal with paying customers. If the people are gone and the seats aren't being used, why not let people sit there, especially after such a long wait? Ridiculous