Chicago Bulls new dynasty: Derrick Rose and Lebron James

How many titles would Rose and Lebron win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. as teamates on the Chicago Bulls

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
How long are their contracts?

Let's just say we just keep re-signing them.

Don't worry about cap space, we would just go over the luxury tax if they are both locked in. Old vets like Vince Carter, Tmac come and go but take enormous pay cut's for a final chance at rings. (kind of like the NE Pats)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 12:18 AM)
This is the greatest pipedream of all time. It's not gonna happen, i would love to see it happen.

You never know, a month or so ago people would've said Jay Cutler to the Bears was a pipe dream.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
You never know, a month or so ago people would've said Jay Cutler to the Bears was a pipe dream.

The only difference is Jay Cutler didn't have a choice where he went, LeBron James most likely will. He seems pretty set on either staying in Cleveland or going to New York though.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
The only difference is Jay Cutler didn't have a choice where he went, LeBron James most likely will. He seems pretty set on either staying in Cleveland or going to New York though.

It's not likely to happen, but it's not inconceivable, either. It's not like Chicago is some tiny market, it's one of the biggest basketball markets in the country.

Getting Bosh is much more plausible, but I mean you never know. If the cap space is there... hey, money is money.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
It's not likely to happen, but it's not inconceivable, either. It's not like Chicago is some tiny market, it's one of the biggest basketball markets in the country.

Getting Bosh is much more plausible, but I mean you never know. If the cap space is there... hey, money is money.

I wasn't trying to bash Chicago's market, just that LeBron has pretty much had a love affair with New York and I think as a free agent would go there. They could have the cap space, but its not like they would have a higher offer than New Yorks.

I think there is a chance, although a small one. I still think hes New York bound though.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 12:58 AM)
I wasn't trying to bash Chicago's market, just that LeBron has pretty much had a love affair with New York and I think as a free agent would go there. They could have the cap space, but its not like they would have a higher offer than New Yorks.

I think there is a chance, although a small one. I still think hes New York bound though.

I don't disagree. I just don't think Lebron to Chicago is a complete pipe dream, either.

I'd choose 0, but 1 is the closest option and that is realistic. Both guys need the ball in their hands to be of good use. Both need shooters around them to open up the lanes. A guy like LeBron would benefit more from shooters as would Derrick Rose. Shooter first, slasher second are the type of guys they need. With each other, they would just be taking turns going one on one and it would be tough for them to play off each other.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
I don't follow basketball all that much, just a casual fan who'll keep tabs on the bulls once in a while.... what are the chances that the Bulls do make a big play for Lebron and actually get him?

0% as it currently stands. They have Luol's big contract, Kirk is still on the books and they are in desperate need of a big man. Luol would have to play great next year so they could trade him off for expirings, and then they could go after LeBron while having a position for him and still being able to go after a big man.

You're more likely to see Amare or Bosh here.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
0% as it currently stands. They have Luol's big contract, Kirk is still on the books and they are in desperate need of a big man. Luol would have to play great next year so they could trade him off for expirings, and then they could go after LeBron while having a position for him and still being able to go after a big man.

You're more likely to see Amare or Bosh here.

It's not just Luol that they can clear out.

They can move Hinrich for expirings and still compete for a 2010 Free Agent

I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get Chris Bosh via trade this offseason. Perhaps a sign-and-trade.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)

I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get Chris Bosh via trade this offseason. Perhaps a sign-and-trade.

I've heard that Hinrich to Minn, and Deng to Portland are the ideal scenarios for the Bulls. God, knows if they would bite though, maybe if Portland gets outsted early this year, they'll be moved to action.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)

Luol will be hard to clear out. He has about 60 million guaranteed left. They would have to trade him before the end of next year as well as Hinrich to have a position and enough cap room to go after LeBron and a big man. A big man is much more needed. If you can get LeBron, you go after him, but at the same time, you're taking the ball out of Rose's hands and putting it in LeBron's which isn't bad, but Rose stinks as an off guard.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
And putting LeBron James on the Bulls right now is realistic?

hy⋅po⋅thet⋅i⋅cal

   /ˌhaɪpəˈθɛtɪkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]

–adjective

1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
hy⋅po⋅thet⋅i⋅cal

   /ˌhaɪpəˈθɛtɪkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]

–adjective

1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.

Yeah but it's not realistic.

And come on people, so far 8 people think 10 championships if this were to happen? Are you kidding me? If LeBron was on the team they'd win at least a championship, how many I don't know, but other teams would start doing the same thing and you'd see for example Kobe, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard etc. being with the Lakers.