Egbert optioned to AAA Charlotte

T R U

QUOTE (Tmar @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 06:27 AM)
I think instead of another mediocre pitcher, they should bring up Podsednik to play center field. The offense would be better at least.

BA is hitting .270 in the major leagues. Pods is hitting .214 in AAA. Is there someone in the 2010 draft you have your eye on?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
Guys they need a long reliever. Forget Nunez and Link. Plus they have no 40 man roster spots.

Link and Nunez are already on the 40-man.

The 40-man is at 38, so they could possibly add a John Van Benschoten.

I hope it isn't Russell just because he's had a couple good outings.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
I think it is Van Benschoten because today is his turn to start, and now Wes Whisler is listed as the probable starter on three days rest.

I think you're right. I don't think he's an upgrade from MacDougal/Egbert. If these guys are the types they are calling up when they need help, the minor league system is still a ways off. Its not like his success at AAA is anything new. JVB is bad, real bad. At least he will only be pitching garbage time. Expecting anything from him would be like expecting Joe Borchard to make an All Star team.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
Im pretty sure I just heard Buster Olney say that Egbert took one for the team tonight and after the game was sent down.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

"Took one for the team"? the dude is not MLB quality.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
They should sign Pedro Martinez IMO and quit fooling around. We haven't seen any success from a number of lon releif candidates. Maybe Pedro could start and either Bart or Jose work long releif and build up their arm strength
I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of rotation with these three. The problem would be getting the three on board with this idea.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
They should sign Pedro Martinez IMO and quit fooling around. We haven't seen any success from a number of lon releif candidates. Maybe Pedro could start and either Bart or Jose work long releif and build up their arm strength

but itll cost a few mil (he wants 5) to sign him. we have no money to spend remember?lol

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Not Van Benschoten.

Lance Broadway called up.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....ports_hardball/

Well look at the bright side, this will keep the fans alert for incoming objects from the long majestic home runs he will give up.

Broadway was 0-2 with a 5.63 ERA in three starts for Triple-A Charlotte

Good to see you don't have to perform to get called up by this organization anymore. KW makes a big deal out of the mindset of minor leaguers saying he has to start giving them chances or they think they are just trade fodder. How about just admitting a #1 draft pick was a mistake and bringing up someone else who actually earned it?